INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Co-existing with both a 2.0 audio system, and Home Theater  (Read 2094 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Co-existing with both a 2.0 audio system, and Home Theater
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »

Need some learnerd advice.  Trying to send audio output to a dedicated 2 channel audio system for music, and a 5.1 HT setup for movies.  I've created a zone for each, and configured what I believe to be the appropriated audio output in MC for each zone.  Have never been able to toggle between the two audio systems simply by changing zones.  I need to resort to going into windows (8/10) and disabling either the sound driver for 2.0 audio system, or PC/TV driver for the HT.  Cannot they not both be enabled?  I guess I don't know what device chooses what driver to use?  I do not thing this is a MC issue, but hope this audience can share advice.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Co-existing with both a 2.0 audio system, and Home Theater
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

Did you choose an audio device in each zone?  Do the zones work if you stop playback, toggle zones, then start playback?

You should be able to use both at once. 

If you haven't seen it, the wiki has a topic on zones.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:09:34 pm »

Thanks for the Wiki pointer.  To answer your questions:  Yep chose a device in each zone (tried at different times everyone available!), the only thing that seems to work, but not at all conveniently, is to disable/enable devices in windows, so I know the PC can play to both systems. I've not only tried stopping and restarting play, and the restarting the app, I've also tried rebooting after a change.  Not the end of the world, if I'm lazy I just listen to a movies through the audio system.  Way better speakers  :o).

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »

Independent audio devices should be usable at the same time.  You should be able to play back different things in both zones simultaneously.

Can windows make sounds through both devices, one after the other?

Some details about your configuration (what devices, what types of driver (WASAPI, Direct Sound, etc)) would be helpful in troubleshooting.  Not that I'm any good at figuring out Windows sound issues!  :)  But a lot of people here are very good at it.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up