INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And Then Came the Projectile Vomiting  (Read 2502 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
And Then Came the Projectile Vomiting
« on: January 16, 2016, 12:04:46 am »

I've been quiet the past two months here, and I figured I'd let you all know why. And complain a bit and shake my fist into the void. Generally, I've just been insanely busy at work. So there's that. But, specifically the past two months or so, I had:

1. My grandparents passed away so I flew away at short notice to some funeral-family style things.
2. Traveling (yay) led to getting the Head-Cold-cum-Pneumonia thing that's been going around up here.
3. Then holidays and traveling again.
4. Then another round of Head-Cold-cum-Pneumonia thing.
5. Then, last weekend, I'm finally feeling better from the coughing and tired and stuffy nose. Not well, really, but better. So I determined to take it easy and lay low at home.
6. The only thing I agreed to do was go to a dinner over at a friend's house on Saturday night. My daughter hadn't been able to go see and play with her friend (their son) in quite a few weeks (see above) so we thought she deserved a nice play-date night (and we wanted to see our friends too). So, low-key dinner and let the kids play night.
7. Sunday evening, the host texts and asks if we're all okay. Sure, we ask, why? No puking? No! Why?*
8. 1am Monday morning the barfing begins with the 4 year old.
9. 7:30pm glynor starts doing his best impression of the poor schlub in the pie eating contest in Stand By Me (don't click on if you don't know what you're in for).

Good ol' Norovirus came to glynor-town. I feel mostly better tonight. But, seriously... Screw norovirus. Screw it right in its icosahedral capsid.

* Incidentally, instinct would be to be a little (irrationally) angry at our friends for infecting us. But, honestly... They got sick on Sunday. We had a big storm here Sunday afternoon, and power was out all over the state. Not at my house because I live near the schools and the hospitals and whatnot, but they did. And they had four people (including two young kids) with norovirus. With no power, and since they have a well, no water. So, whatever they had coming to them for that imagined infraction, they got and way more. So, on the bright side, it could have been worse.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: And Then Came the Projectile Vomiting
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 12:35:39 am »

If the water is off, you can always drink out of the back of the toilet tank.

Ugh.  Poor glynor, poor family.

What next?  Taxes?  Hurricane?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:39:42 am »

If the water is off, you can always drink out of the back of the toilet tank.

Not if you really, really, really need to flush said toilets. And, trust me, they did.  :-X

What next?  Taxes?  Hurricane?

Let's go with: I got it out of my system.*

* I sure did. bad-um-ting.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fooze

• Junior Woodchuck
  • TURN IT UP
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 01:34:14 am »

Was it the raw steak in your profile pic?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 02:12:36 am »

From Glynor's graphic details I'm thinking Hasbro Gummy Bears (best review ever)!
JRiver CEO Elect

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 09:40:40 am »

Dude!  Wowsers.  Thanks for sharing your misery; it's always nice to be able to vent a little.  And nice for your friends to hear how you've been doing, even if it's (somewhat) miserable.

I'm glad you're all feeling better now.  Stay healthy.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up