INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing Theater view background  (Read 3281 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Changing Theater view background
« on: January 16, 2016, 10:16:55 am »

This is something I have been doing for a long time, and is a nice way to change up the look of Theater View.

I was never a big fan of the background for the main menu...Many of you may already know this, but to change it:

1. Go to Options:Theater View
2. click on ...Theme:{theme name} and select 'Create Zip file of current theme...'
3. open the zip file you just created, and in the root of the folder there will be some image files.  Delete them all.
4. Now add in any background images you want.  I usually just do 1 so it is consistent, but have added up to 3.
5. rename the zip file to whatever you want (this isn't necessary, but helpful)
6. go to Options:Theater View
7. click on ...Theme:{theme name} and select 'install theme from zip file...'
8. Find the updated zip file and select it...
9. Enjoy!

I know this is a small thing, but hopefully it will help someone!  There may be an easier way to do this, but I like being able to import the newly created theme file on all my JRiver PC's.

Antoine.

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 03:24:57 pm »

Thanks! Too bad there isn't an easier way to do this, BTW.
Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Changing Theater view background
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 06:32:54 pm »

That is actually a pretty good method.

The Themes are held in the location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 21\Skins\Theater View\Themes" where you will find a Default subdirectory which contains the Default Theme. I just copied that directory to an new one next to it, and renamed it "Custom". Then the Custom theme became available for selection in MC.

But my method requires copying and renaming a directory, and then deleting files from and adding files to that directory, which is not really a good thing because it is under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\" directory, which Windows protects.

Your method means no mucking around in Windows protected areas, and portability of the Theme. Excellent.

BTW I currently have 12 background files in my custom Theme, and they play in a slideshow. I like this feature of MC.

Also, for reference and a few more options: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87161.msg596588#msg596588
A link to the above can be found at the bottom of Theatre View Wiki page, again for future reference: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Theater_View
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Gunny

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 04:43:19 pm »

This was exactly what I needed.  Thanks so much for sharing!!!

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:07:30 am »

will jriver replace those images with stock ones after updates?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 08:18:01 am »

no.  Maybe it will if you don't rename the zip file to something else, but if you follow the steps it should stay after updates (at least it has for me for a long time now).
Pages: [1]   Go Up