INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continuously "Done saving tag changes."  (Read 1263 times)

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
Continuously "Done saving tag changes."
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:01:43 am »

Hello,

Can tell me why MC (latest stable version 21.0.37, but this is something I think I saw it also in past major versions)
is continuously updating tags for files in the library that I haven't touched for years? The thing is visible by the messages printed into the status bar and the activity light of the external USB drive where the files are located.
Also, the update is apparently performed with a very long delay between each file, so in case of hundreds or even thousands of files for which MC wants to update the tags, the operation could take hours... in the logs, apart from the fact that it is tagging them, there is no apparent reason for that.
This is also "disturbing" because when synchronizing the library and my iPod classic the songs already on it must be updated too.

Best regards
Fabrizio

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Continuously "Done saving tag changes."
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:43:07 am »

Tags can be updated if you analyze files.  This can be turned off if you don't want it.  Same for cover art.

A USB drive is slower, especially if you have a USB 2.0 port.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Continuously "Done saving tag changes."
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:32:24 am »

try turning off auto import to see if this persists. There are lot of reasons this could happen depending on how you set up your import options, if you added fields, or as Jim suggested running audio analysis automatically, (maybe the files have never been analyzed post-version 18 if they are old. If that is the case they should be re-analyzed anyway? (note on a big library this could take days on a USB drive)

turning off the auto-import running in background (Libraries & Folders) could help you narrow this down. automatic analyzing, finding covert art getting movie info  automatically etc, will slow things down anyways. You can aways runs this manually
Pages: [1]   Go Up