INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to set up MC 17 in a second location  (Read 3474 times)

kbtrans

• Recent member
Trying to set up MC 17 in a second location
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:23:28 am »

Though I've been using MC for years my tech savvy is still rated at the Beginner level 8)

I am trying to use MC 17 on a second computer.  Separate location, not part of a network.

I've copied my audio files onto a hard drive and then imported in MC 17 in the new location.

1.   Under the Artist Tree, my new location lists Artists and Albums.    When I look at the files of the albums showing up in the artist tree, they are tagged correctly with album and artist info correct.

2.   Is there any way I can use playlists from the original location in the second location?

Thanks

kb

kbtrans

• Recent member
Re: Trying to set up MC 17 in a second location
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:25:09 am »

I downloaded a MC 21 trial and imported my tunes.    It is behaving the exact same way, listing albums and artists both under the artist tree.    Looking at files individually, the artists are tagged correctly as artists.  Even retagging the artist and album fields does not affect this behavior.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trying to set up MC 17 in a second location
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:31:01 am »

I'm having trouble visualizing what you're describing.  Can you post a screen shot or two?  It might be helpful to show the details (album, artist, song name, etc) for one or two of the affected tracks.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up