INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuner Support  (Read 2392 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV Tuner Support
« on: January 27, 2016, 04:22:08 pm »

Just wondering if this is on the cards any time soon?

It's the one thing tying me to my current HTPC - the fact that I cannot put my TV tuner card (or a new USB one) in my Ubuntu server and run a true server / client setup. Currently I have to keep a local library on my HTPC because it's the only place I can keep my tuner card. :-(

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: TV Tuner Support
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 04:42:29 pm »

Just wondering if this is on the cards any time soon?

It's the one thing tying me to my current HTPC - the fact that I cannot put my TV tuner card (or a new USB one) in my Ubuntu server and run a true server / client setup. Currently I have to keep a local library on my HTPC because it's the only place I can keep my tuner card. :-(

I asked about this last year as TV is also the only blocker on having an entirely linux server for me. If we could pick up TV tuning and the 10 foot interface I could move over the client HTPCS too.  I think Hendrik advised that nothing's impossible but it wasn't on the roadmap anytime soon:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96668.msg666863#msg666863

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: TV Tuner Support
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 04:58:26 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

I'd be happy to purchase one of those Intel PC stick things running windows and hook up my USB remote receiver and a small USB sound card, running windows so I could run Theater View, if I could run my tuner through my server. For the most part I think linux has the standard drivers in the kernel, just a matter of tapping into them (which is easier written than done, I know) :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up