INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After one song, my dlna player keeps on disappearing and reappearing  (Read 2408 times)

paolotaverna

Good day,

My jriver worked very good until today and I don't know what made it go nuts.  I upgraded to .31 (for mac) a few weeks ago and all was good.

My problem, if lets say I play one song (from a play list or my whole library), it does not go to the next song...and if I look on the server window  my dlna player keeps on disappearing and reappearing (connecting and disconnecting).

I have tried to restart computer, server, dlna player...etc but nothing seems to work!

please help, I have also attached my log.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: After one song, my dlna player keeps on disappearing and reappearing
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 06:19:05 am »

Did you power the network and everything on it down and back up?

Did anything change recently?

paolotaverna

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 10:12:50 am »

Thank you JimH

To illustrate my issue...
after the first song thats plays i get on and off connection going from this image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htz43ybv7o9ayjl/Screenshot%202016-01-31%2011.09.43.png?dl=0
to this image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1znqk8cjim8vjl/Screenshot%202016-01-31%2011.09.47.png?dl=0&preview=Screenshot+2016-01-31+11.09.47.png
and it switches back and forth for like 4 or 5 times.

This is what I did until now and still have the issue.

1- I have rebooted booted my router (and my Imac), I also rebooted internet provider modem  (please note that all my network is wired)
2- I have reset my dlna player to factory settings.
3- I have also re installed previous versions of JRiver and still the same issue
4- I installed a trial version of Twonky Server and all seems to work correctly in queue mode from a play list....this for me eliminates the source being my DLNA player (well i think so :-))

The only differences I see

D1- I have added songs to my library  (but please note that I still have issues playing one of my playlist that i've always had no issue to play...)
D2- Upgraded to 10.11.3 from of El Capitan (from 10.11.2) (but this was done yesterday and I believe I had the issue prior to this update)

Thank you

paolotaverna

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:23:36 pm »

Solved my problem!
Uninstalled MR 21 and re installed fresh

regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up