INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Continuing Problems with Ripping  (Read 967 times)

jsaboo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Continuing Problems with Ripping
« on: August 24, 2003, 07:44:46 am »

I am continuing to have difficulty using MC9 for ripping.  Basically it doesn;t work and I've tried it on three different computers and with 5 different CDs.  I am using MP3 VBR at High/High.  The message I get is

Read Track Failed.  Failed to Extract Digital Audio.

This is driving me nuts.  First I thought it may be linked to security settings so I started logging in as Administrator (on Win XP Pro).  That doesn't help either.  Jim even sent me a utility to use for the security stuff.  

MC9 is such a great software but I am getting close to the point where I need this to either work or scrap it in favor of something that at least works!

HELP!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Continuing Problems with Ripping
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 06:16:18 am »

Please post your system info here (from MC's help menu) and send me a log file of your CD ripping session using these instructions:

Turn on MC's logging for CD ripping by changing the value of this registry key from zero (0) to one (1):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver\Media Jukebox\CD Reader\Logger

Then just start up Media Center and try to rip a CD. Then exit MC and find a file in the MC program directory called "cdripper.log" and email that to me. Remember that the log file is overwritten each time you start up MC, so you must send the file before restarting MC.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jsaboo

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Continuing Problems with Ripping
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 04:23:44 am »

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 298 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SONY     CD-RW  CRX140E     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up