INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nad M51 with jitterbug  (Read 14902 times)

manuel castillo

• Recent member
Nad M51 with jitterbug
« on: February 10, 2016, 05:36:37 pm »

Hello everyone, I have a sony vaio PC conected to a Nad m51 dac and I'm using JRiver 21, and it has always worked well. I bought an audioquest jitterbug but it makes no sound.
Any one with the same problem. :'(

Thanks

Manuel

manuel castillo

• Recent member
Re: Nad M51 with jitterbug
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 03:51:24 pm »

I forgot to mention that I have windows 8 and a 5 meter USB audioquest diamond cable

any help is appreciated

manuel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 04:21:17 pm »

Audioquest has good instructions for using their devices.  Have you been to their site?

In MC, you have to choose the device under the Audio settings.

manuel castillo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »

yes, I have followed the audioquest instruction, but still no luck

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 03:22:48 am »

I've got a C 390DD and based on its sound quality I can't imagine why you'd need a filter for the quality of hardware that's offered by an M51.

If your setup works fine without the Jitter bug then maintain status quo is my suggestion.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

manuel castillo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 05:05:46 pm »

just to get a better sound  ;D

adphil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 01:31:51 am »

I forgot to mention that I have windows 8 and a 5 meter USB audioquest diamond cable

any help is appreciated

manuel

Have you plugged it into the same USB Port as your cable (first the jitterbug and then your cable onto the jitterbug) or is your cable plugged into one port and the jitterbug plugged into another free port?

manuel castillo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 03:59:06 pm »

I have plugged both the jitterbug and the USB cable in the smae USB port, no luck
Manuel

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 04:03:26 pm »

From Audioquest's FAQ about the jitterbug:

Q: I inserted JitterBug in between my computer and DAC and now my computer doesn’t see my DAC. Why is this and how can I resolve the issue?

A: Your DAC may have a USB controller that is on the outer edges of USB compliancy. In such cases, JitterBug’s tight tolerances may be just enough to exclude communication between your computer and DAC. In particular, issues seem to be common with DACs that employ Tenor USB microcontrollers. DACs that use microcontrollers from Microchip, Texas Instruments, and XMOS (to name a few) work fine.

If your DAC doesn’t enumerate (visibly appear in the OS settings), or if you experience severe and obvious levels of distortion, adding an active USB hub will more than likely repair the issue. Active USB hubs have an active hub controller. This hub controller buffers and often reclocks the bi-directional communication between host (computer) and peripheral (DAC). This controller will rectify any communication issues that may be preventing your DAC from working with a JitterBug/computer combination. Here is an example of an excellent active USB hub: CLICK HERE.

On the surface, adding a USB hub may seem like a hassle, but it can also be seen as an additional opportunity to upgrade the overall performance of a computer-audio system. Many customers have reported that adding an active USB hub improved the sound of their system, with the only drawback being the need for an additional USB cable. In the event that you need to add a hub, be sure to add a USB cable that is identical to the one already in your system, thus ensuring signal continuity and optimal performance. Also keep in mind that, in general, for this particular application, shorter cables will offer better performance.

One last piece of advice: There is a burgeoning market for high-performance USB hubs. Schiit Audio makes an active USB hub called the WYRD. We have found that the WYRD offers sonic results above and beyond that of the ordinary USB hub. For more information on this product, CLICK HERE.

Brian.

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 04:13:06 pm »

i  have  a  jitterbug...i  dont  see  mine  listed  either.....it  says  in  manual   check  if  your  connection  are  back  to  norm.....so  mine  are  back  as  before.....yes  i  can  hear  a  good  diff  in  bass   clearer  and    cymbals   ringing   better...my  ears  are  bad  also.....winds 7  ole lapper top   usb  to  emo xp2  to  amp....got  rid  of  extra  pre amp.....made  a  big  diff.....2005   adcom  amp....jr  audio  only....

adphil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 03:24:42 pm »

I have plugged both the jitterbug and the USB cable in the smae USB port, no luck
Manuel

Well, and how about sticking the jitterbug in a different port, not the same as your USB cable?

bryant berry

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 04:33:57 pm »

this is  working   well  in   my low  budget unit...his  could  be more  bugged  than  jitter....2 chl   cd  44.   tryin  to  hear  at  44.  ithink  i  hear  improve  in  88. rate???  i  am  hearing  in  back  ground  tones,bells,  moogs, allsorts....its  been  only  4  days...i  havent  burnt  my  self  yet.....i  dont  think  #2  bug   will  do  anymore.....i  could  be  a  reborn  sucker......thanks  to  the  gang  up  jriver.....still  learning.....

bryant berry

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 06:32:03 pm »

has  anyone  besides  myself  heard  a  diff  with  this  j. bugger???  still  improves  my  low  fi system.....anyone  out  there???
Pages: [1]   Go Up