INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixing broken Rotten Tomatoes link  (Read 2952 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Fixing broken Rotten Tomatoes link
« on: February 11, 2016, 10:05:34 am »

Recently, the Rotten Tomatoes link was broken because of a minor URL change. As of build 47, this broken link was fixed, but users that have created custom links will not see this change applied. For those users, to fix this link without reseting all links to default, go into Manage Links, either from Tools -> Links -> Manage Links, or by right-clicking on one of the links. Under Search URL for Rotten Tomatoes, replace the link with "http:////www.rottentomatoes.com//search//?search=Hexify([Search])" without the quotes.

Arindelle

Re: Fixing broken Rotten Tomatoes link
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 10:51:56 am »

or just delete old one; then click add and copy this code by clicking the paste button?

Code: [Select]
<Link version="1,2">
<Item Name="Name">Rotten Tomatoes</Item>
<Item Name="Action">0</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.rottentomatoes.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.rottentomatoes.com//search//?search=Hexify([Search])</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Video]</Item>
</Link>

what is confusing to me is the link version ... if the defaults are "hard coded" why change or even use a version for these things.  I'd think that they would be like a skin or a saved view, but can't find them anywhere ... so I'm presuming they are not user accessible.

And as I asked before,  the "new" wikipedia is not showing up so that probably means I'd have to restore for the defaults, again erasing the custom ones for it to show?  Every time these default links have to be changed or new ones added in the future, this is going to be problematic isn't it? They seem to be part of the actual install, as my old links re-emerged after rolling back from 46 to 45, not by restoring my library.

BradATIMA

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 12:51:03 pm »

You're correct about the new Wikipedia link. I forgot to include it. For users with custom links, adding the following code to the Links.xml file should add the new link. Or, if someone wanted to use the Manage Links dialog instead, it's just a matter of copying the respective entries in the following code into the appropriate field.

Code: [Select]
</Link>
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">Wiki</Item>
<Item Name="Action">0</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">[WikiBaseURL]</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">[WikiTitleSearchURL]</Item>
<Item Name="Filter">[Media Type]=[Video]</Item>
</Link>

As for the issue created by custom links; it's something I am still looking into.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:54:23 pm »

thats great thanks Brad :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up