INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The first second of the next song plays at the end of the first song  (Read 2371 times)

Billrh

Hello, Im a new member and I'm about 3 weeks into my trial period. I'm using JRiver Media Server to stream music from my MacBook Pro (El Capitan) to a NAD 446 Digital Media Tuner via 5ghz wifi. My files are either .m4a or flac, 16bit/44.1khz with a few 24bit/96khz.
There are two issues that I haven't been able to solve. One is drop-out which I'll save for another post. The other issue is that when one song finishes the second song starts to play for less than a second almost as if the second song was buffered into memory. I'm assuming I have a buffer set to large or the NAD isn't sending an appropriate end-of-song signal back to JRiver.
The second song eventually plays correctly but the start-stop-start is a nuisance.
Any ideas as to how to fix this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: The first second of the next song plays at the end of the first song
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 10:38:28 am »

Welcome to the forum.  MC's DLNA Server has settings that may help.  Try SetNextAVTransport.

Billrh

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 11:41:49 am »

Hi Jim and thanks for the suggestion. I tried looking for that option but couldn't find it. I have run a renderer report with Whitebear and it says that SetNextAVTrasnport is not available for the NAD 446.

-Bill

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:52 am »

Hi Jim and thanks for the suggestion. I tried looking for that option but couldn't find it. I have run a renderer report with Whitebear and it says that SetNextAVTrasnport is not available for the NAD 446.

-Bill
so it probably doesn't support gapless playback. I'm assuming this is for playback of sequential tracks right? 

If you can't use JRiver as the renderer (which would give you all the functionality that might be missing from your renderer), try experimenting with the track change options ... like crossfading and see what effect checking or unchecking "do not play silence ...", you might be able to find a good compromise, or maybe your actual settings are partially the reasons for this issue. Remember this is by zone, so the audio options for each zone would have to be tweaked depending on your setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up