INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC to MP3 transcoding  (Read 3044 times)

PSH

• Recent member
FLAC to MP3 transcoding
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:48:30 am »

I have successfully installed MC21 on my Raspberry Pi2 and made the necessary modifications to allow headless operation and RDP access - thank you to all parties for providing the necessary guidance within this forum.
The installation has scanned my audio library which resides on a NAS and all appears to be well in terms of track and album counts.  However, when the MC21 server is accessed from an audio player it is served with MP3 files (transcoded?) rather than the original FLAC files that reside on the NAS.  I simply cannot find how to change things so that FLAC files are served up and would be grateful for any assistance.  Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: FLAC to MP3 transcoding
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 07:54:51 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You can set what conversion you want in the Media Network settings for the DLNA server.

PSH

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 09:35:05 am »

Thank you for the welcome and the solution - all working fine now.
The scan has been crashing before reaching the end.  I'll clear the library and try again - will report back as another topic if it happens consistently.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 10:41:16 am »

Thank you for the welcome and the solution - all working fine now.
The scan has been crashing before reaching the end.  I'll clear the library and try again - will report back as another topic if it happens consistently.
Turn off thumbnailing or reduce the threading priority of it. Your Pi is running out of ram.
Pages: [1]   Go Up