INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many channels missing in the guide  (Read 6416 times)

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Many channels missing in the guide
« on: February 22, 2016, 05:49:23 am »

My setup seems to work just fine, but there are some channels missing in my EPG.  I can watch them live, but because the EPG data is missing, I am unable to schedule any recordings.

If I try to configure them, they just don't appear in the drop down list

I've attached an example image
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
Re: Many channels missing in the guide
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 05:50:37 am »

Sorry, should have mentioned, I'm in the UK and use Freeview OTA only.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 07:17:34 am »

That is because the EPG data source you are using does not have programming data for those channels.

You can try a different source (PercData, mc2xml + XMLTVDb, Broadcast data, EPG Collector, etc.). I don't know what options you have in the UK.

I also have seen this on new stations in my line-up where it takes the EPG provider a couple of weeks to start including the new channel's programming data.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:31:11 am »

I thought that too, so I have left it a few weeks in case it just needed to catch up but nope, they still don't appear.

What do other UK users use for EPG that's more reliable?  I don't mind paying if I know it will work better but I don't want to just pay for Percdata for instance and then discover it doesn't work (I know there is a 7 day trial but knowing me I'll forget to cancel!)

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:58:16 pm »

I set up EPG Collector a couple of days ago. It's working well so far for UK Freeview. Download and info here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/files/V4.1/

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 04:31:32 pm »

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 08:12:40 pm »

EPG Collector is now up to version 4.3 and a patch upgrade, Fixpak 1, has already been released. There have been some very significant improvements since 4.1.

Please use version 4.3 Fixpak 1.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 11:52:32 am »

Sorry, I meant to post the link to 4.3.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 05:19:46 am »

You need to install 4.3 first before downloading the fixpack though, or it just crashes out every time you try and run it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 05:23:10 pm »

Correct. All EPG Collector Fixpaks are just an update of certain files, and are manually written over the existing installation.

The page I linked to had all of the 4.3 installation files, the Fixpak files, and the Release notes for each which explain that.

Sounds like you got it working though.  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 10:05:33 am »

OK. I installed EPG Collector and it does indeed get 'better' data information, but I am having problems like before, whereby it doesn't seem to know some channels and so gets nothing for that channel.  Can someone help with this or would I be better going to the EPG collector forum? I have attached a few files and images to show what problem I am having.

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 11:51:27 am »

I had one channel that was missing EPG data. The data was in the TVGuide.xml file, but it wasn't transferring to MC. The cause was a missing XMLTV Identifier in MC. (Tools > Options > Television > Manage Channels)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »

Can someone help with this or would I be better going to the EPG collector forum? I have attached a few files and images to show what problem I am having.

Best to take this to the EPG Collector Help forum, as you are getting an Exit Code of 10, and you would be getting an Exit Code of 0 if there were no errors. In fact the log shows a lot of trouble with Unknown Tables.

Also though, your image shows you are collecting EIT data from one frequency, and the log seems to confirm that. In Australia EIT data on one frequency only carries information for the channels on that frequency. Whereas MHEG5 data carries information for nearly all channels broadcast in the area. You may find that you get much better data using MHEG5, which I believe is even better in the UK.

Anyway, the author of EPG Collector, Steve Bickell, is very responsive to support requests, and he will be able to make more sense out of that log. The Sourceforge site, where EPG Collector is hosted, seems to be down for planned maintenance at this very moment, but I'm sure it will be back up very soon.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 04:11:55 pm »

That's what I thought, but as that site is down, I thought I'd try here first. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up