INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Disable Change to the Tagging Window enacted in 21.0.30  (Read 3046 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
Please Disable Change to the Tagging Window enacted in 21.0.30
« on: February 23, 2016, 09:26:10 pm »

Please revert this change:

11. Changed: Made a change to the tagging window to prevent editing tags when no files are selected.

It has become an increasingly frustrating problem that I just don't want to deal with anymore.  I can no longer quickly compare albums to see an artist's history between labels that I have inputted myself or quickly see which tags that I still need to input, or compare the progression of an artists' style of music among other things that I once had before this change was made.

This was a simple feature which I loved and it's now gone.  And I have made this request twice before, waiting for a response from the development team, only to be ignored, twice. 

Between a non-functioning QNAP license that I paid $30 and a license for a Mac which I bought before the QNAP version was released, I feel like I have supported a recent development that has gone AWOL. 

I have supported the Mac's development from the beginning and have been very patient thus far.  But when I see features that were once there and have requested one single feature to be put back only to be completely ignored in over 20 different releases from when the change was first introduced, it's just downright disrespectful. 

So I implore you to return the favor that I have granted you and show that you appreciate the support that you receive from your customer base by at least responding to the requests and feedback instead of ignoring them and making me have to write this long post just to get your guys' attention.

I appreciate your consideration and I hope this will lead to a more fruitful discussion of what it means to be a supporter of JRiver's further development.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Please Disable Change to the Tagging Window enacted in 21.0.30
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:56 am »

This was discussed at the time.  The risk of the old method was that someone could delete files they didn't intend to delete. 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 09:55:21 am »

And I have made this request twice before, waiting for a response from the development team, only to be ignored, twice.

You may want to try searching for things as well. There have been a TON of very detailed discussions about this on the forum, even very recently. It is almost always best to join a discussion in progress rather than start your own independent thread about a topic.

Here is one of the more recent ones:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103178.0

Keep in mind, the Windows and Mac versions of MC are not separate applications. With exceptions that are directly tied to the OS, all changes in the Windows builds apply equally to Mac builds, so discussions may be on either board. In other words: search both boards, not just the Mac one.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 11:32:07 am »

Thanks glynor. I appreciate the heads up on that thread.  I'll take responsibility for not checking the other forums, but will state it is counterintuitive to expect users to know that there are other forums discussing matters related to releases posted in different forums.

But I'm now aware of this topic residing in the Windows forum. Thanks. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up