INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tagging problem  (Read 2310 times)

hobl47

tagging problem
« on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:58 pm »

I was retagging a group of albums ,15, that were part of a larger group. I successfully retagged 3 but when working on #4 I pushed the wrong button and now all my albums 800+ are tagged with the same name. In addition all multiple albums from a single artist are combined to one album .  Does J River have a restore option? CanI use my MAC restore option? Any other suggestions or am condemned to starting over?
Thanks

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: tagging problem
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:12:10 pm »

there are a couple of things you can do when you make a goof

ctrl+z will undo the action.  If this is too late from the top menu go FILE=>Library=>Restore

Although JRiver does make automatic backups, they are not always made when you wish they were. If you are doing a major tagging session, its always a good idea to do a manual back up of the library file - beforehand and afterwards.

Its pretty difficult now to tag albums without selecting all of them. Make sure you are on the most current version stickied at the top of this forum

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 08:02:11 am »

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know what version of Media Center you were using when this happened? Version 21.0.31 for the Mac should have made this problem much more difficult to occur.

hobl47

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 04:08:32 pm »

The advice worked perfectly!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up