INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 - Winkey+X Shortcuts and MC Shell Integration  (Read 4162 times)

elprice7345

• World Citizen
Windows 10 - Winkey+X Shortcuts and MC Shell Integration
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:40:58 pm »

I recently upgraded my computers to Win10 and stumbled on a bug that I’m posting to help others that might be in the same situation.

In Win10, if you right-click on the Windows button or press Winkey+X, you get a list of Power User shortcuts.

I had MC shell integration turned on before I upgraded. After the upgrade, I was unable to access the Winkey+X shortcuts.

After some searching and troubleshooting, I determined it was because MC shell integration was on.

I toggled shell integration off and then back on again and now everything works fine again.

Hopes this helps someone else.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows 10 - Winkey+X Shortcuts and MC Shell Integration
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:46:05 pm »

Thanks for posting what you found.

dlconcha

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 07:36:53 am »

Hello from spain, forgive my English from google translate, I had exactly the same problem as "elprice7345" when upgrade my Windows 10 to version 1511 links were not working and I also stopped working cortana and the start button randomly, tired of the problem did a clean install of windows and links appear now, but cortana and start menu continue to fail me, I am 100% sure that the problem is with the Media Center and Windows version 1511, because I have weeks testing and only happens when I use it, I'll try to remove the Shell integration and finds it all again.

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 08:14:27 am »

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 10, 1607 and it must have reset some of my settings, so my Win+X shortcuts stopped working again.

I reapplied this fix and all is good again.

Aimhere

• Junior Woodchuck
  • These are not the droids you're looking for.
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 05:57:35 pm »

Just thought I should mention, I've had to do this "fix" after each "Feature Update" to Windows 10... Anniversary Update, Creators Update, and now, the Fall Creators Update. Each time, certain Windows shell functions (Win-X menu items, desktop shearch, etc.) stop working until I disable, then re-enable, the Shell Integration within MC.

aimhere

elprice7345

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:28 pm »

Same here ... still a problem with the Windows Fall update
Pages: [1]   Go Up