INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Problem - Adding Some Files to Playlists  (Read 2994 times)

caltx01

Newbie Problem - Adding Some Files to Playlists
« on: February 27, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »

I am having problems adding some of my music files to my playlists.  I drag the file into the playlist window and I see a green "Plus" sing indicating that the addition will be made but the file does not get added.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie Problem - Adding Some Files to Playlists
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 08:19:45 am »

You may not be moving the icon far enough over into the playlist window.  I'm not sure without being able to see it.  You might want to experiment with some different ways of building playlists though:

1.  Using the right click context menu can do Send to > Playlist > Playlistnamehere .  Once you've done that one time, the playlistnamehere will appear at the top of the context menu, so it's a much shorter menu path, making it easy to do this again and again with new songs.
2.  Try using split views.  View > Split View > Show 2 views .  Now you can have your browsing window in one split and your playlist (full sized) in another split.  Dragging and dropping between them should be easier.
3.  Tabs.  Open a tab with your browsing view.   Open a second tab with your playlist showing.  In the browsing view, find some songs and highlight, then <command>c (or edit > copy).  Switch to your playlist tab and <command>v (or edit > paste).  You can click in the playlist before doing the paste and it will paste right where your cursor is.

This is MC and there are usually several ways to get the job done.  Hopefully one of these will work well for you.  :)

Brian.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie Problem - Adding Some Files to Playlists
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:34:04 am »

The playlist isn't locked, by any chance, is it? I've noticed that you can still get the green plus sign to show sometimes, even if a playlist is locked. Even though it still shows that symbol, the files won't get added because you can't add files to a locked playlist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up