INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist columns  (Read 2536 times)

Three

• Recent member
Playlist columns
« on: February 29, 2016, 07:06:06 pm »

I have literally hundreds of playlists. I would like to globally change ALL of the playlist columns to the same preset. Right now, it appears that I must set them playlist by playlist. Is there a way to do this in one pass??

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlist columns
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »

The wiki has information on Views.  Here, for example:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Customizing_View_Schemes

You can customize views.  You may also be able to drag and drop your playlists, or copy and paste.

If you select them all, you could customize a view for the selection.

You can also create playlist groups and drag your playlists there, then customize.

You're in an area I don't know well.  I'm just trying to give you areas to explore.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 07:44:50 pm »

I just played with this for 15 or 20 minutes and I can't get anything to set columns across multiple playlists.

I have a View that I built, that lets me select playlists in one of the columns.  In this view, the columns are always in the same order, and always sorted the same, since it's a view.  This is cool, except that it won't display the Sequence Number of the playlist items, nor will it let you sort by that sequence number.  I'm guessing the order of the playlist is important to you, and you mostly just want to lay out the columns in a specific order; not necessarily sort by a column.

So I don't have a very good answer for you unfortunately.  Maybe someone else will have a good idea.

Brian.

Three

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:22:06 pm »

Brian - Thanks. I am a DJ - Argentine Tango - and music at dances (milongas) is played in sets of 3 or 4 songs (tandas) with a break (cortina) in between tandas. The music within a tanda should be consistent - same Orquestra and, usually, the same vocalist. Moreover, the order of the music within a tanda is important.

When I build new tandas, I like to see the title of the piece, the name of the orquesta, the vocalist, and the year of recording, and I like the view to be consistent as I switch between tandas for any revisions. It is a pain to have to apply the preset each time, especially if I have used a different view for any reason on a number of the tandas, and then must go back and reset the view playlist by playlist. But I can live with it if I need.

Thanks again,
Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up