INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Window location / moving  (Read 1463 times)

Three

• Recent member
Window location / moving
« on: March 01, 2016, 09:38:55 am »

1. Sometimes the media player window will not let me grab it to move it around. The rest of my program's windows are quite responsive, but not media player.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Window location / moving
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:47:18 am »

You may have an error message open behind the MC window.

Three

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:21:01 am »

Perhaps. But if I am patient, I can usually grab the window, but it often takes several seconds. If that doesn't work, I find that moving the cursor off the media player window, clicking, then moving it back lets me grab it, but it still takes time. It almost acts as though it is interrupt driven, but that it ignores the "click" interrupt. I'm sure that isn't right, but as an old fashioned real-time programmer (assembly language mostly because of the exquisite control it gives, sometimes C if I have the lattitude) that's how it seems.

Doug

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:49:20 am »

I never move the MC window because I keep it maximized.  I just <command>Tab back and forth between MC and whatever else I want to see.

But your last post reminded me:  I *do* have my cursor disappear rather frequently.  The cure for me is to move my mouse off of the bottom of the screen and then back up again.  As soon as the (invisible) cursor touches the bottom of the screen, it reappears and I can see it again and use it to select things in MC.  Not sure if that's related or not.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up