INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Server not working  (Read 2418 times)

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
License Server not working
« on: March 03, 2016, 03:03:46 pm »

The way this product has to communicate constantly with a license server will be its downfall. I actually have to use iTunes most of the time. How can I get the product to work? All I get is "There was a problem restoring the license. Error details: There was a problem communicating with the license server". Why can't I just enter the big long code once and be done with it?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: License Server not working - when will it be working?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 03:24:14 pm »

sounds like a firewall or antivirus issue! I have never ever seen this problem myself!

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103566.0
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 04:46:52 pm »

sounds like a firewall or antivirus issue! I have never ever seen this problem myself!

Yeah. The central assumption of the question is also incorrect. MC does not "communicate constantly with a license server". Lots of programs do, but not MC. The only time it connects to the license server is when you first register a new installation of MC, and even then, only when you use the restore process inside the application to generate the Install Key (MJR file).

MC can be used on a machine with no Internet connection of any kind. You just have to copy the MJR file (which you created using another copy of MC or by visiting the license server yourself on a different machine) over to the computer in question and use it to install the license.

So... Something else is going on, cupboy. MC does not do what you think it is doing.

Read this:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

If you're still having trouble, please post details. As TAO1857 suggested, you may have an overactive security application on the computer that is blocking or interfering with MC's attempt to contact the license server. Registry cleaners can also break the licensing if allowed to do their dirty business. Or, you might have broken proxy settings or malware on the system (like a Registry Cleaner, which are basically malware in many instances) that is causing havoc.

In any case, using a MJR file to restore your license will work even if the computer can't get online at all. You should have a bunch of these, as JRiver emails you one each time you try to restore your license (or, you can go to the page linked above and do it yourself).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 04:54:12 pm »

We were upgrading servers at about the time you posted.  It should all be working again.  I apologize for the problem.

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: License Server not working
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 11:42:22 pm »

Got past that problem. Now I have another. I will start a new thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up