INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OSX Metadata Editor  (Read 3958 times)

Bob Budding

• Recent member
OSX Metadata Editor
« on: March 06, 2016, 02:10:21 pm »

I've recently purchased JRiver Media Center for Mac and have now ripped 1,000 CD's, mostly classical music, using dbpoweramp. The results are a bit inconsistent, but far, far better than when I tried to rip using iTunes.  So now I'd like to go back and edit the metadata.  What is the best metadata editor on OSX?  It doesn't have to be free - I don't mind paying for good software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: OSX Metadata Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:25:28 pm »

JRiver Media Center.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 04:27:01 pm »

The Tag Edit Window in MC is super duper powerful and very friendly too.

Just highlight one or more files.  Then:  Edit > Tag .  You'll get a window on the left where you can view and edit the tags.  Use the gear icon on that window to show more or less fields, as you desire.

At first when I got MC, I wanted to edit tags in another application too.  I don't know why exactly.  But then I discovered how great the built in tag editor is.  I won't use anything else now (at least for files I have inside of MC).  You'll like it once you try it.  :)

Brian.

Bob Budding

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 07:50:24 pm »

I'll give it a try, particularly now that I have both an external HD backup and a cloud backup.  I'd rather not rip another 1,000 CD's again!

mike.s

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 09:34:15 am »

I realize I'm coming a bit late to answer this, but for the Mac I use JRiver expressions for some things, but Yate (http://2manyrobots.com/yate/) is by far the best for large changes and library metadata changes outside of JRiver. I have a set of actions for Yate specific to classical music tagging I'm happy to share as well (e.g. regex to move work from name to grouping and apply standardization, etc.).

I find JRiver great at some things, but the custom implementation of keyboard/mouse interactions is cumbersome on the Mac.

I've recently purchased JRiver Media Center for Mac and have now ripped 1,000 CD's, mostly classical music, using dbpoweramp. The results are a bit inconsistent, but far, far better than when I tried to rip using iTunes.  So now I'd like to go back and edit the metadata.  What is the best metadata editor on OSX?  It doesn't have to be free - I don't mind paying for good software.

Bob Budding

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 05:20:28 am »

Thank you, mike.s.  Yate looks interesting.  I'll give it a try this weekend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up