INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping C.D.'s  (Read 4495 times)

vijayagaruda

Ripping C.D.'s
« on: March 13, 2016, 03:46:59 pm »

Hi, I got this Pono World software and want to rip C.D.'s to Flac files. I can do this but the files go into their folder in the wrong order  without numbers so I have to sit and number them after riping. I am very busy and this is a real hassle. Does anyone know how to correct this or is it a design fault? Also I really wish the Pono Player had an inbuilt graphic equaliser for fine tuning the sound.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping C.D.'s
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 04:24:04 pm »

By default, PWM isn't putting track numbers in the file names.  Of course the track numbers are in the library.  If you click on the album and look at the songs, you'll see that they have track numbers.  If you want the files themselves to have track numbers, PWM can rip them and include the track number as part of the file name:

Tools > Options > File location > Audio (cd rips and podcasts) > filename rule > (choose from popup list)

For the tracks you have already ripped, PWM can rename them for you, including the track number if you'd like.  Select some files.  <right click> Library Tools > Rename move and copy files

filename:  Checked
Rule:  [track #] - [Name]

This is a template system that lets you rename based on song attributes.  The above will make filenames like:

04 - No Ordinary Love.flac

You can make your own templates to name the files as you wish.

PWM has EQ in it's DSP Studio that you can turn on, adjust, save presets, etc:

Player > DSP Studio > Equalizer > (check)  (then adjust)

I hope this helps you.

Brian.

_zep.

• Recent member
Re: Ripping C.D.'s
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 01:33:21 pm »

I have been using the app for two years now
first PMW and now the official version
but nearly every time I want to rip a CD (after the not using the app for a few hours)
I have to hit the button several times....

are you aware of this issue?
can I get it fixed?

Thanks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up