INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help if you have an Oppo 105  (Read 5459 times)

Bludog

• Recent member
Please help if you have an Oppo 105
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:36:31 am »

Hi guys and girls was just wondering  how I set the video side if mc21 up . I had everything running nice but ran out of storage on my laptop so I shifted all the DVD files over to a hard drive.The player IE the computer screen can read and play off the hard drive but when I try to play to the Oppo now vire  the network  it starts trying to play every DVD I have on the drive. Any suggestions  would  be greatly appreciated  losing  hair now . :-\

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Please help if you have an Oppo 105
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:19:18 am »

Perhaps a strange question, but why do you want to push to the Oppo instead of pushing directly to your AV Receiver or even directly to your TV?

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Bludog

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:42:14 pm »

Well my TVand AVR are older now and won't except it plus the Oppo has the better video scaler. As I said it was all working perfectly, I was using gizmo to fined the movies and it would play back no problem. I have got jriver looking at the hard drive now so that was a win but the Oppo just won't and yet for music on the computers drive not a problem.
Hopefully  it's just a setting I have missed.  I have the laptop  in my office  and run network  cabling between, I do this so I can't hear the fan on the computer from my listening position.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 02:31:22 pm »

I don't understand your problem report.

Are you playing files using JRiver MC to push to the Oppo?  I.E., using standard view or JRemote to select files and using the Oppo as the target zone?  Or are you using the DLNA browser built in to the Oppo to browse JRiver's library of your files?

What happens when you try to play video files?  You said "tries to play every DVD I have", but I don't know what that means.

Brian.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 02:42:13 pm »

If you are pushing to the Oppo using MC, then you can download the DMR Analyser from my sig, and it will show you the recommended settings for MC to push video in the best manner.

Or alternatively you can look at the video section of the renderer report for the Oppo 103 attached (the 105 has the same streaming feature set as the 103).

However (last but not least) I think you might find it even easier to connect your MC PC to the Oppo via its HDMI input..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Bludog

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »

I have tried using all three methods available to me to play the files. I have tried selecting from the laptop on the mc home page, gizmo, and via the Oppo file search.  All do the same thing.  They go to start the video, ie buffering, then move on to the next one in the hard drive.  This used to work perfectly when the  burnt design were on the computers own drive.

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 02:48:28 am »

Hi Bludog,

I have almost the same setup: MC21 > Oppo 105 > Receiver (onkyo TX-NR818) > Sony KDL-55W900A, but each one is linked through HDMI and all the decoding work is done at MC21 level for sound (push PCM 5.1 through HDMI) including room management.
As for Video, I use Red October Standard and Oppo is doing its magic in image processing.

I have use this settings since almost 2 years and I am very happy with it, being playing Blu-ray ripped on a NAS as well as a lot of 2.0 or multi channel music without having to change anything at the receiver side (all signal are set to pass-through untouched).

I did try to use DLNA, but I found the HDMI connection to be much more easy to handle. That was quite a long time ago...
I'll give it a try this weekend and let you know my findings if you are interested in.

Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 03:47:52 am »

As mentioned before, when pushing to the Oppo using UPnP / DLNA you need to "disable SetNext.." support in MC.

Bludog

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 04:44:46 pm »

I transferred one or the ripped DVDs to the laptop's hard drive, thinking I could  just play it as I did, but it wouldn't  play, just kept on starting to play all the DVDs the drive.

It must be something  with MC 21, as it's been a while since I tried it, and it could have been as long ago as MC 19.
Hopefully  in the next version they correct it as it was very cool. Thanks for the help cheers Mark. :)

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »

Do your files play on your local computer's screen?  Or do they fail to play and move on to the next file?  It would be a good troubleshooting step to try to play the videos locally, thus eliminating a lot of other factors.

Brian.

Bludog

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 07:52:04 pm »

Hi Brian yes they do play on the computer screen  :)

Mark Adelaide

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 06:03:26 pm »

Hello Kami and others.  I have just purchased JRiver and I am pushing music and movies to an Oppo 103 over my wireless network.  It all works well, except when others in my household are also using the wireless network.  I have a very basic question - how do I connect my computer to my oppo so that I can push directly to the oppo by a wire, rather than by the wireless network?  I have tried a number of different approaches, and I am sure I am missing a simple step.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up