INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier  (Read 5543 times)

a333p

JRiver and Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:06:56 pm »

I have recently purchased the Parasound Halo Integrated amplifier and a sales person has recommended JRiver as the media center software. After installing the Parasound software the Halo Integrated worked fine delivering really good sound via USB (played by the windows media player). My designated computer runs Win 7, 64, with 8GB Ram. After I installed JRiver (trial version) I cannot play any sound. When computer boots up the sound goes through USB fine. Yet, when I try to play any music via JRiver it only says that it is buffering. Other players are not working either (Windows Media Player). Even computer shutdown was suspended when it attempted to play the shutdown sound.
I work with graphics and know little about the sound issues. Could somebody help me?
a333p

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver and Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 02:12:23 pm »

Did you set up audio in MC?  The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.

a333p

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:14:14 pm »

Yes, I tried. The sound troubleshooter does not work because “the peripheral does not appear to be plugged in” despite the fact that have selected SPDIF Interface (PARASOUND-Digital Audio) [WASAPI] in the Audio Output Settings.
a333p

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:51:40 pm »

You mentioned USB and SPDIF.  Which one are you using to connect from computer to Parasound?  ...and do you mean SPDIF optical or coaxial?

Brian.

a333p

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »

Parasound Halo Integrated’ DAC’s gets digital signal from PC via the USB connection. Technicians from Choice Audio recommended that, while setting up JRiver, I should select Parasound DAC or the WASAPI driver, which in my case was “PARASOUND-Digital Audio [WASAPI]” I think. The strange thing is that initially I lost sound playback when I installed JRiver (after Parasound). Now I uninstalled JRiver MC and still have no audio playback. And thanks Brian for looking into my issue.
a333p

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 08:22:34 pm »

this  halo  looks  good...i  may  get  one  soon....if  you   can  some  info  about  sound  of  course....im  still  learning  j.r.   theres  alot  hidden...ive  found  most  of  my  own  knowledge  ...good  luck   

a333p

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 10:35:30 am »

The sound is excellent when it works. I have never heard my ProAcs sounding so good. There is, however, some conflict between Parasound and WMC (WMP) drivers.

bryant berry

• World Citizen
  • im a good listener,even if i dont look it.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »

i  ave  aemovita  dac  usb  out  to  pwr  amp....2  chn  only  no  sub....2  way  kiliphs  spk...hope  you  get fixed  soon.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up