INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Steals my screen when I launch external programs  (Read 2388 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Steals my screen when I launch external programs
« on: April 08, 2016, 10:19:41 am »

I have linked xbox, hulu, amazon video, and powerdvd to my theaterview menu using batch scripts.  Each program will start in front of jriver but when I press play on some programs like hulu, jriver pops back up and displays a blank screen with IPC at the top.  I have WDM audio enabled on my setup, and I am assuming that because jriver routes the audio it steals the screen from hulu.  How do I fix this.  Is there a command I can send to JRiver that tells it to stay minimized until I give JRiver a specific command such as display TV guide or display movies?  thanks.

Arindelle

Re: JRiver Steals my screen when I launch external programs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 12:31:52 pm »

I agree this can be buggy running external programs or web pages from within Theater View. But what you can look at is the Jump Options for Audio (under theater view) ... I find that choosing Jump on Play (Audio) to Playing now (if multiple files) takes care of most issues. As the WDM I believe is considered audio, you might have it jumping always to Playing Now or Display View.

Not sure what effect batch scripts would have though

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 12:10:33 am »

That did the trick.  Thanks

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 04:02:15 am »

good stuff! Thanks for getting back and glad it worked for you
Pages: [1]   Go Up