INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMG link to albums and songs  (Read 2610 times)

Marra

• World Citizen
AMG link to albums and songs
« on: August 16, 2003, 05:40:19 pm »

Currently Artist info links to AMG for the selected artist.
Can it be set up to link directly to the album or song selected ?  I would find this useful - any thoughts ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: AMG link to albums and songs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 04:00:52 am »

Currently Artist info links to AMG for the selected artist.
Can it be set up to link directly to the album or song selected ?  I would find this useful - any thoughts ?

Not yet, though this may get worked over in the next version.  Did you try Find CD (under Playing Now)?  It might get you some of what you want.

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 04:32:10 am »

Did you try Find CD (under Playing Now)?  It might get you some of what you want.

That points at an online retailer for me every time I try it. But...most of the time you can identify tracks. Little about artist info though...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 04:40:32 am »

That points at an online retailer for me every time I try it. But...most of the time you can identify tracks. Little about artist info though...

At Amazon, if you click on the artist name, you can get a list of all the CD's from that artist.  

I haven't checked but one of the sites may link to the artist bio.

Some of the searches are broken since the sites have changed.  We'll fix that.

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 08:30:51 am »

Jimh.

I do not know if it needs a lot of work,but:

Can you set MC to open a new IE window when going to AMG ,instead of using an opened one , the same concerning interact.

If you put Find Artist Info in the tollsbar to get a full page instead of one inside MC, MC use an opened IE window

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 02:53:40 pm »

Currently Artist Info gives just that.  It takes you to AMG artist that best matches (or gives a list of possible artist matches to select from). This gives you bios, discography etc which is great.

What I was hoping for was a direct link to the ALBUM screen in AMG. If you select an album from the artist page in AMG it gives you album details, track listing etc.

So we end up with Artist Info and Album Info options - both using AMG but at different levels.

The song details I don't find as useful in AMG unless there is a review given which gives you background to the song. If a link to these reviews could be established this would be useful. Note at best there might be 3 to 4 song reviews per album though.  Or is there a better site for this type of thing?

Marra

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 01:31:37 am »

Zev,

There is a setting in the IE options screen that allows you to turn off the reuse of windows for internet shortcuts.  Not sure if this affects MC as I am at work but it should solve your problem.  It is on the advanced tab in IE options.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

zevele10

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 01:58:19 am »

I think i did it. But will have a look and let you know.
All my other programs are opening a new IE window

zevele10

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 02:03:58 am »

NoCodeUK

ET VOILA!

Thank you ,your setting did the trick.
Now all MC weeb-windows open in a new one.

Again ,thank's

NoCodeUK

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 02:18:47 am »

Lol, anytime.  You've helped me enough in the past.  Nice to return the favour :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up