INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using MC to sync media to iBasso DX80 with dual SD cards?  (Read 4170 times)

kevin1911

Using MC to sync media to iBasso DX80 with dual SD cards?
« on: April 12, 2016, 02:12:53 pm »

Hello all,

I'm a newbie here - I hadn't heard of JRiver before today!

I've been an iPod Classic user for years but eventually ran out of space and wanted something a bit less hip and a bit more hi-fi, so have gone for an iBasso DX80. I have a music collection of around 21,000 songs, mainly 320kbps MP3, all stored on a NAS drive on the LAN.

I'm trying to find some sort of way of making the syncing process (between the NAS and the iBasso) a bit more automated. I'm finding the drag and drop quite cumbersome, as I add new albums quite frequently.

The iBasso appears as 2 drives in Windows (it has 2 micro SD slots), one 128GB and the other 200GB.

I've installed JRiver today, and so far it seems to be the most flexible of the various media centre programs I've found so far, but I can't seem to find a way of making the program see my iBasso DX80 as one single device with 2 SD cards rather than just 2 separate SD cards. Ideally I'd want JRiver to decide the best way of splitting the media up between the two available drives.

Is there any way of making JRiver do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Kevin

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using MC to sync media to iBasso DX80 with dual SD cards?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 07:30:27 am »

You probably want to use MC's Handheld Sync system:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync

This will allow you to specify what files or playlists get copied to each drive when you perform a Sync.  I don't know of any way of trying to combine the two drives in your handheld into one logical drive.

But MC can Sync based on playlists or smartlists.  One of the many smartlist options is a size constraint.  So you could build a smarlist definition, based on some criteria, and at the end of it, say "limit to 200 GB" and MC will do that for you.  Then, make that smartlist the sync target for your 200 GB card on the player.

I've gone down the path of trying to sync a large music collection into a player that wouldn't hold all of it.  I had very elaborate plans and goals for this, in trying to fit in as much as possible, but have some randomness and some control.

What I found was that a simple approach was much better for *my* needs.  ...and for me, this simply means a series of manually constructed playlists with bunches of my favorite albums in them.  I just check off the few playlists I've built for mobile use and when I sync, it copies over the playlists and all of the files contained in them.  Very simple and easy to maintain.

If you have some criteria in mind, we might be able to help you build some appropriate smartlists or something else to help you out.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up