INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with JRemote!  (Read 2583 times)

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
Help with JRemote!
« on: April 13, 2016, 01:27:08 pm »

Setting up a system using JRiver on a PC not connected to the Internet.  I have created a wireless hotspot in the PC and can connect to it (dedicated IP).

The problem is that all of the remote (software) I have tried require the PC to be connected to the internet, rather than have a dedicated IP.  I have tried using both an access key in the remote software as well as the IP of the JRiver server, to no avail.

I am going to be in a situation where there is NO internet access available.  Is there any way I can control the JRiver on my PC from the iPad using only dedicated IP addresses?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with JRemote!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 02:36:51 pm »

When you enter an Access Key in JRemote, you can also enter an IP address instead.  The JRemote topic on our wiki should cover this.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 04:30:09 pm »

A few things:

1.  Make sure Media Network is turned on in MC.  Without that, JRemote and friends won't work.
2.  Double check the IP address on your computer running MC.
3.  It's possible you have a firewall limiting access to ports on your MC computer.

It might be fastest to try "surfing" directly to the MCWS port from a tablet.  In a web browser you would type something like this:

http://192.168.1.2:52199

Replace the 192.168.1.2 with the IP address of your MC computer.  If that works, the network path to the MC computer is clear and working.  If not, you'll need to get that cleared up first.

Good luck.

Brian.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:46:18 am »

First check Brian's 3 points

Setting up a system using JRiver on a PC not connected to the Internet.  I have created a wireless hotspot in the PC and can connect to it (dedicated IP).

What do you mean a wireless hotspot? Through a "normal" router, this should work. I'd go and check DHCP settings and assign (or re-assign if needed) your IPs. Then unplug the internet cable from the router to test. Should still work. Maybe this "hotspot" you created is the issue. A simple way might be to take the router with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up