INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about thread "iOS Support - iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch "  (Read 7991 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen

If I use below to get music to my touch is there a way to keep the playlist or would I have to recreate on the device?

"Within Media Center, make a Playlist, Smartlist, or Media View you'd like to sync over to iTunes, open it, and then use File > Export to iTunes & iPhone.  This will sync the contents of whatever View is open in Media Center over to iTunes, and then you can use it to sync to your device."

CWNashvegas

Re: Question about thread "iOS Support - iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch "
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 08:45:50 pm »

Short answer: Yes. You can't sync directly to your Touch, it syncs to iTunes, then you sync your Touch from there.

I did this a few minutes ago. If you use Playlist to sync it works like this:

Select the playlist in MC's tree.
File> Export to iTunes...

The top box will show Media Center\Playlistnamehere. Sync, and it will start iTunes if it's not already running, then sync the playlist, which includes both the playlist itself and any files on that list not already in iTunes. In iTunes you will now have a Playlist folder named Media Center, and your playlist will be in there to sync to your Touch.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 09:18:47 pm »

I assume you read this thread then: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97847.0

Make sure you also read about Handheld Syncing, which is linked in that post. See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld

Basically that is an alternative path to the same end result as "File > Export to iTunes & iPhone", but has the advantage of file Conversion, DSP, Volume Levelling and such. Note the different Handheld Sync options available if you are using a local library, or doing the sync on your MC Server (Conversion and DSP including Volume Levelling), versus doing it on a Client connected to the Server (Conversion and Volume Levelling only, as DSP can already have been applied under Media Network for the Client).
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:09:30 am »

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up