INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo tagging  (Read 1533 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
Photo tagging
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:01:35 am »

Hi there

I'm now looking to tag my photo library. I want to embark with a process that's workable. I'll save files in folders by year/month and I plan to tag the photos by a series of grouped caption and display file by year>month> grouped caption. Are there any fields that are better for this purpose in MC? and are any of these fields saved into the files meta data so that another program can identify them (if I ever needed to)?

I don't want to embark on an unwieldy and unachievable protocol, but want to be able to scan by eye through theatre view and see meaningful captions.

really appreciate any help or experience in this project

Z

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Photo tagging
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 04:59:00 am »

I use a phone to take photos now, and I use MC to "acquire" them (in the Action Window).  I have MC put them in a directory for the current year.

I then tag them, using genre and sometimes comment or people or place, etc.

In the past, I used to then use MC's tool called Rename, Move, Copy to move them to directories that corresponded to my tags.  For the last couple of years, I haven't done that because MC is really good at displaying what I want, so I almost never use Windows Explorer to look at them.  It doesn't matter where they are stored.

If you get the information into the tags, it's really easy to search for what you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up