INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion cache filled up my C: drive, will clearing it be a problem?  (Read 1476 times)

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck

The MC21 conversion cache filled up my C: drive to the point where I cant start any programs in Windows. Can I delete the conversion cache data? Or will doing this cause me to lose my music?

Also is there anyway I can turn off the conversion cache or have it delete itself as it converts each file so it doesnt happen again? I still have to convert about 50,000 more tracks onto an external drive in M4A format from FLAC/APE/SACD/DSF, etc. The cache filled up my C: drive SSD after just the first 3,000 files. I just want to make sure my library and music files will be ok if I delete the contents of this conversion cache folder.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Yes, you can convert the conversion cache. It is only maintained for when you may want to convert a file again, or play it to a Client PC somewhere using the same conversion settings. Your original music won't be affected. Just be sure that you are deleting the cache, and not your originals or the converted files, of course. The location of the cache is shown in the settings at "Options>File Location>Conversion Cache".

If you don't want to use a conversion cache at all, one of the options in the settings above is "None (do not create cache)". Use that.

Alternatively, change the cache locations to a disk other than your SSD, so this won't happen again, until you fill the new location. At least then you won't stop Windows from running programs! If you have a separate, large internal disk that isn't the same as your target conversion location, that would probably be the best choice. Then clear it out regularly as you go through converting all your files.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Windcrest77

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up