INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XMP tags - any way to extract facetag names?  (Read 3231 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
XMP tags - any way to extract facetag names?
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:29 am »

Hello,
I facetagged most of my pictures in Picasa.
MC does see those and reports them in the Format field under XMP tags:
Regions/mwg-rs:RegionList[1]/mwg-rs:Name : John Smith
Regions/mwg-rs:RegionList[2]/mwg-rs:Name : Johnny Doe

I don't want to put any rectangles with name labels in the pictures..
But I do want to copy that info to the keywords field or a custom field. Is this possible?
I tried manipulating tag(xmp: xxx) but it didn't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

max

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: XMP tags - any way to extract facetag names?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 07:07:47 pm »

I can't help with the issue, sorry.

But face tagging inside MC, with at least the ability to turn on and off display of the tags via a right click menu, or display them by hovering over the defined region, would be really brilliant.

I always loved the idea of face tagging, but never thought it was worth the effort until display of the tags was universal. Maybe if it just worked in MC that would be enough to motivate me.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 07:10:54 pm »

Stupid me... I didn't realize the capability was there natively. Last time I checked (a couple of years ago, it wasn't there).
Great!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 07:56:10 pm »

You mean just adding the names of people in an image. Yeah, that is there.

But you are losing the region information, and it isn't face tagging. Well, at least I think that is the case. I don't have face tagged images to test that with at the moment.

Face tagging, a la Facebook (hover to display, face recognition, region selection with a click if a face isn't recognised, etc.) would be great. At the moment you can't even list names and position in the image of people. (i.e. Bottom left: Barry Plant, second from left: Jenny Grey, etc.) Except as a Comment/Description of course.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »

Does Right Click > Library Tools > Update library from tags work?

This was introduced a while back. It should move the XMP people (names only) into the [People] field in MC.
Here's the original thread

I'm currently trying to overhaul and reconcile my separate Picasa and MC libraries, so haven't tried this for a few months, but was working last time I did :) Is a shame Picasa is now defunct and no longer being updated.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 05:38:45 pm »

Yes. Right Click > Library Tools > Update library works.
I was totally under impression that MC ignores the face tags.
However, I was messing with Picasa settings the other day and checked the "store name tags in photos" option and boom MC started to import the tags... Very nice!

Pages: [1]   Go Up