INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 208352 times)

Otello

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2016, 09:49:25 am »

What I 'd really need is the JRemote display configurable like the JR one.

jerick70

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2016, 04:03:56 pm »

I wanted to request seamless switching of playback devices.  Currently in JRiver 21 if the DAC that I'm using isn't selected in Playback Options I have to restart JRiver after choosing the correct playback device.

boondoggle45

• Recent member
« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2016, 07:07:23 pm »

i'd love to see a way to see closed captioning on television.  i mostly use MC for Tv recording/time shifting, and i'm a bit hard of hearing.  I've scoured the wiki (I'm with other people who'd like to see an actual manual), and I haven't found a way to view closed captioning.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2016, 07:24:55 pm »

I wanted to request seamless switching of playback devices.  Currently in JRiver 21 if the DAC that I'm using isn't selected in Playback Options I have to restart JRiver after choosing the correct playback device.

You should be using Zones.  Set up a zone for each of your DACs.  Then you can play to them individually, or even at the same time if you wish.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

Zones are a really powerful and cool feature of MC!

Brian.

RD James

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:09 pm »

If you select "default audio device" it will automatically switch to the system default playback device - even in the middle of playback.

However if you want to use each device to their maximum potential, you should set up separate zones for each device.

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2016, 09:24:39 pm »

Hi,

I notice that there is a nice little popup when you hover over a file in JRiver's library interface....have attached it so you can all see what I am talking about.

Would it be possible for this to be used as an optional "Now Playing" popup that can indicate tracks as they are played in JRiver.
Winamp had a similar feature that was quite good.

I understand there were some plugins a while back that did this, but they don't seem to work anymore.

If this was a core JRiver feature, I think it would be a great addition.

This, and BD Menu support - would add significant value to my JRiver experience.

zenpmd

• World Citizen
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2016, 12:30:56 am »

I would like a reliable remote. Mine constantly has to log in, and is slow, despite perfect wifi etc

Araj

• World Citizen
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2016, 02:56:06 am »

I see one of the planned features is "Upload files to Amazon or Google"

Why would we want MC to do this?

Domi62

• Recent member
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2016, 03:41:56 am »

Restore support of Linn DS network Streamers (fast forward, rewind support was removed after 21.0.8 on Mac so I am stuck with that version, later versions crash the Linn's)
Note version 21.0.8 does not accept the MC22 key I just purchased....

Abarth

• Recent member
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2016, 04:42:32 am »

JRemote as Universal Windows App, with rich functionality, to be run on tablets and notebooks (and even a few Phones ;) ) in the network. And JRiver as the full featured "server".

Look up for the 2 in 1 or convertible market evolution. It really might sense, and for a few buck per Remote it could well be interesting.

Jumbosausage

• Recent member
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2016, 06:13:10 am »

IPTV.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2016, 08:18:02 am »

For MC22.

Car Radio Playlist - Standard View.

Option in settings to toggle Off/On play first track when changing Car Radio playlists in standard view, via the car radio buttons.  *Default ON.

And also upon changing car radio playlists to auto scroll down the playlist and highlight the last played track. Maybe some options around this feature as well like the colour of the highlight etc.

Resuming audio book playback - car radio - standard view.  

Have an easier set of options based off the right click context menu.  Once the media sub type tag has been set, some right click context menu options like colours to indicate how far through playback of the file.  Red=near the beginning, and green= near the end of the file.   Some audiobook files are one long one file and others are short chapter files.   Being able to visually see the last played file as colour background highlight, and how far though playback the file seems a good idea to me.

* A better idea might be ,  Even a background coloured (soft, faded) progress bar indicating playback position.  Much like you see with a background progress bar as a colour highlight on the Windows programs task bar icon. For example: When your downloading a file,  like on the Firefox taskbar icon you see a background colour showing the file download progress.   It would be a nice visual way to see the playback position of an audio book.  

And to have option in the right click context menu when hovering over that file entry to reset the position.  Also, to select a bunch of files and reset all their position markers... like when you've finished listening to that audiobook and want to reset for the next listen though sometime in the future.

And also, with audio books that use the media sub type set to audio book.   I have noticed MC loses the place after a few program restarts and after adding other files to the playlist  (car radio).  So after a while all audiobook playback position resumes seem to be forgotten.

Working all this out so its smooth and resilient to playlist changes over time.

Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

kstich

• Recent member
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:00 am »

Adding the capability for multiple simultaneous stereo DAC operation.

For those interested either in a multi-amplified system or a multi-channel DAC, this feature would allow to use (or reuse) stereo DACs instead of having to buy a dedicated multi-channel DAC.
High quality multi-channel DACs can be expensive and the choice might be limited. On the other hand, stereo DACs are widely available and there might be the chance to reuse an older DAC (for the bass frequencies perhaps).

+1

The ability to use multiple DACs simultaneously would be great!

blgentry

« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2016, 08:50:35 am »

Resuming audio book playback - car radio - standard view.  

Have an easier set of options based off the right click context menu.  Once the media sub type tag has been set, some right click context menu options like colours to indicate how far through playback of the file.  Red=near the beginning, and green= near the end of the file.

You can do this yourself if you'd like.  You can make a column that shows you a percentage for progress through a file.  You could even code it with colors to show you Red/Yellow/Green depending on the percentage range.  Glynor has a nice detailed explanation of how to do so here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.0

And to have option in the right click context menu when hovering over that file entry to reset the position.  Also, to select a bunch of files and reset all their position markers... like when you've finished listening to that audiobook and want to reset for the next listen though sometime in the future.

You can easily set any file to "not played" which resets the bookmark and number of plays with <right click> Library Tools > Mark as not played .  If you just want to reset the bookmark (position), highlight some files, then Edit > Tag .  Find the bookmark field and clear it.  Now the playback positions of all of those files are reset to the beginning.

Brian.

Denti

« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2016, 08:58:35 am »

I know this is considered "cosmetic," but hell, looks are important! and as far as I (and many others here) are concerned, this is simply basic stuff that needs to be addressed (there are a couple threads on this topic, each of which ends with people saying it can't be done):

** The ; delimiter is great, but it doesn't function well for display purposes. Here's what I want to be able to do using the ; delimiter for multiple artists per album

1. SORT artist names last name first

2. DISPLAY artist names last name second

In Theater View!

mvilla

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2016, 09:06:58 am »

My 2 cents

In DSP, about upsampling to DSD, do that according to the frequency you start with. I mean: if you start from 44.1, 88.2, 176.4 etc the target is 5.6 Mhz while if you start from 48, 96, 192 etc the target is 6.1 MHz

Thanks
Massimo

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2016, 09:11:08 am »

Voice control - would love to be able to control JRiver with my voice, of course this is especially challenging as the commands need to be understood during a movie/show/song playing loudly
Integration with Amazon echo
I love the idea of auto restart if/when it crashes
What is meant by "better access to metadata"

Since I don't have Linux, Mac - really on the fence about this upgrade (i.e. asking for you to give me reason to send you $$)  :-)

thx!

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2016, 09:52:38 am »

I would like a way to customize the Tagging panel. Currently I have four options: 'Show Default Tags,' 'Show Tags With Values,' ' Show Tags In Current View' and 'Show All Tags.'

I would like to be able to create a custom list of available tags without creating an entirely new view. I should be able to arrange the tags in an order I like, so I can put the 'Season' field next to the 'Episode' field. I should be able to save the current tag arrangement as a preset. And I would like to be able to assign different tag arrangements as default for different media types.

Additionally (and this is a separate request), for any tag field I would like to be able to individually select and retrieve that metadata from the internet. So if I only want to get the 'Year' and not pollute all my other metadata, I could request that specific tag only.

nodyad

• Recent member
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2016, 09:55:41 am »

As my music collection grows (over 22K files) and as I change servers and storage, I have to rebuild one or more versions of library (local view, view from LAN drive, view from file server PC) and I lose the date metadata each time (ie, Recently Imported, which I depend on to get back to latest additions). If there are procedures buried in the forum, the Library Manager could make it easier to navigate to the gems, or at least provide an easy way to "Restore File History" metadata to moved/rebuilt catalogs. This is not a deal-breaker. But losing the Recently Imported sort has been a recent annoyance as I have upgraded devices and storage along the way.
--
Don Day

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2016, 10:33:23 am »

I would like a way to customize the Tagging panel. Currently I have four options: 'Show Default Tags,' 'Show Tags With Values,' ' Show Tags In Current View' and 'Show All Tags.'

I would like to be able to create a custom list of available tags without creating an entirely new view. I should be able to arrange the tags in an order I like, so I can put the 'Season' field next to the 'Episode' field. I should be able to save the current tag arrangement as a preset. And I would like to be able to assign different tag arrangements as default for different media types.

Additionally (and this is a separate request), for any tag field I would like to be able to individually select and retrieve that metadata from the internet. So if I only want to get the 'Year' and not pollute all my other metadata, I could request that specific tag only.

for 1. this is already available.  use the advanced tagging window (select files, hold shift and select Tag).  you can make any amount of groups you like
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101448.0

for 2. i would also like this :)

blgentry

« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2016, 10:36:21 am »

As my music collection grows (over 22K files) and as I change servers and storage, I have to rebuild one or more versions of library (local view, view from LAN drive, view from file server PC) and I lose the date metadata each time (ie, Recently Imported, which I depend on to get back to latest additions). If there are procedures buried in the forum, the Library Manager could make it easier to navigate to the gems, or at least provide an easy way to "Restore File History" metadata to moved/rebuilt catalogs. This is not a deal-breaker. But losing the Recently Imported sort has been a recent annoyance as I have upgraded devices and storage along the way.

It sounds like you have been re-importing all of your files when you change computers or change disk drives.  That's not the right way if you want to preserve all of your metadata.  The way to preserve everything is to backup the database on the old system and restore it on the new system.  That preserves everything, including import date.  What if you change drives?  Then the Rename, Move, and Copy tool can be used to adjust the paths.  Again, this preserves everything.

Brian.

Maglu

• Recent member
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:25 am »

Suggestion:

the JRiver seek subtitles for movies subtitles sites, for example, LEGENDAS.TV, and lowered to the corresponding subdiretário, as is done by KODI.

The user can define in a simple way, the time for the film to be seen partially seen. Clarifying: often get to see a movie of two hours and after five minutes, I have to stop. I would like this film to be identified in the Playlists -> viewing recently. "

dip_registered

• Recent member
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2016, 11:42:54 am »

I basically only use MC for my music library. I probably won't upgrade until any significant changes happen on the library-sorting side of things.

One thing I'd like amended or clarified is the speed of flicking through my library of about 5-7 thousand songs. I know there are people with a far greater amount of music tracks, which makes me wonder; when I scroll through all of my tracks, why does MC lag significantly? It stutters and feels slow, as I scroll up and down the library. I don't use any cover art, my library display is solely text. It interrupts my experience rather heavily. It makes me feel like my computer is running slowly and not clean, full of junk, even though it is not. I have a new, maxed out MacBook Pro Retina and I am used to running rescource-draining 3D, editing and graphics software with no problem. So why is it that I can't scroll through my media library without it stuttering and lagging like a PC from 15 years ago? Especially when my library is stored on the internal solid state drive!

Anyone else have this issue? its one thing that iTunes has all over MC... Please fix and I would happily pay for an upgrade!

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2016, 11:43:22 am »

You can do this yourself if you'd like.  You can make a column that shows you a percentage for progress through a file.  You could even code it with colors to show you Red/Yellow/Green depending on the percentage range.  Glynor has a nice detailed explanation of how to do so here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85974.0

Yes, thank you.  I tried to do this.

This is just far too complex for me.  I had something similar that Glynor or 6233638 gave me years ago, it works for a couple of MC start ups which was great, but and then just forgets the position on other program start ups.  And when adding new items to the playlist, that also makes positions to change or be lost from one session to another.

I was suggesting a more forward thinking UI that intelligently does all this with a few simple right click context menu options.  This is forward thinking UI's I believe we are all moving towards.  With lots of these kinds of processes made simple and all done for you with just a few clicks.

Not understanding scripting/coding or what ever it's called,  this just puts me off.   I would like a more intelligent UI with lots of features and processes already baked in and made super simple to implement.  This requires some real out of the box thinking, to bake in all the little scripting tasks and features seen on the forum.  

Worked out down to a few clicks or more when required, intelligently offering options when hovering over items or columns or windows/sections of MC.  With easy to use little animated 'wire up' UI's when required, kind of like how 3D animation programs offer UI windows to wire up nodes/animation/effects.

I ask too much, I know. In my opinion this is what forward thinking intelligent visual UI's should be like.

Position reset - mark as not played.

Thanks, this was helpful.  I had no idea.  
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

blgentry

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2016, 11:52:49 am »

One thing I'd like amended or clarified is the speed of flicking through my library of about 5-7 thousand songs. I know there are people with a far greater amount of music tracks, which makes me wonder; when I scroll through all of my tracks, why does MC lag significantly?

That shouldn't happen. Please start a new thread about this in the Mac forum and include details on what view you are using and how you are "flicking" through (mouse? trackpad? what buttons, what gestures).  A screen shot might be helpful.

Brian.

dip_registered

• Recent member
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2016, 12:05:50 pm »

I will, thanks. I scroll by clicking on the scroll bar and dragging down or up. It ain't smooth.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2016, 01:24:17 pm »

My feature request for MC 22:
In party mode, completely disable all metadata editing or file renaming etc. "destructive" behaviour ;) Also zone switching, dsp tweaking should be disabled in party mode too, leaving only simple playback options, and maybe possibility to create playlists.
Would be great when switched to party mode, the whole UI is simplified to only essential playback tools and easy to read playlist.

This.
I also want a jukebox mode whereby people can add to current playlist without disrupting what is actually going on.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »

it would be nice to enable a single library to be used across platforms too btw (that path problem whereby a library contains platform specific paths rather than some logical path name that has platform specific implementations depending on which platform you run on).

This.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »

Full range of playback speed for videos, down to frame by frame, both ways.

Please ?

... And this.
Thanks.

emovac

• Recent member
« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2016, 11:50:55 pm »

Tidal and/or Deezer access.

PS:  I think you closed the competitive disadvantages thread too soon.  

Master License upgraded.....

Marco Paolini

« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2016, 05:51:31 am »

Improve cover search / download / management for albums: Let me choose from different sources (amazon, google, AllMusic, Discogs), set a size limit (KB / pixels), improve reliability (correct image based on metadata).

Ciao!
Marco

blgentry

« Reply #181 on: May 28, 2016, 07:42:03 am »

I also want a jukebox mode whereby people can add to current playlist without disrupting what is actually going on.

You may be aware that MC's double click setting is configurable.  One of those choices is "Add to Playing Now (to end)".  This sounds like exactly what you're asking for:  Add song to play queue without disturbing other play queue entries.

However, I'm guessing that you'd want some sort of indication that this happened so the un-educated user would know their song was added.  Which implies (possibly) a very different interface experience for this "jukebox mode".  I wonder if this jukebox type UI would be better suited to a tablet based remote instead?  Possibly with animation showing the cover of the song you just chose moving over to the Playing Now area.  ...and easy access at any time to see the playing now queue.  Just spitballing.

Brian.

Laleluli

• Recent member
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2016, 12:56:54 pm »

Using a Naim Network Streamer I have to admit that in the meanwhile I exclusively use the Naim App because it is not necessary to switch my computer on for streaming music from my NAS. Would highly appreciate to switch back to JRemote if direct access to NAS would be supported.

2nd feature request would be to be able to browse through the pic library via JRemote e.g. by swiping through the pics instead clicking and closing each one by one.

Best, Jan

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2016, 03:02:39 pm »

1.  Please remove the limitation that allows only one programme per tuner to be recorded.

2.  Please implement the insertion of a persistent bookmark into a recording when a programme scheduled for recording actually starts (the "Now & Next" data can be used to correctly identify the actual start time)

These two features would vastly improve the PVR experience, IMO.

f.ammollo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2016, 05:33:54 am »

I think that using one of the most powerful MC features, its expression language, could be made easier by having some kind of integrated debugging tool in order to be able to preview the effects of the changes and to better understand what is going to happen "under the hood".

I think that nothing too complicated is required (a debugger in the MS Visual Studio style would be marvellous, of course  ;) ), just something to make MC less like a "black box".

Regards
Fabrizio

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2016, 11:57:10 am »

In the "Theater View" slideshow allow for multiple artists pictures using the semi-colon (;) in the "Artists" tag.  It was this way at one time, but got changed somewhere.  Now it only shows pictures of the first artist listed.  I believe it works presently with the ampersand (&), but many use the semi-colon.  Before it worked both ways.

After some further research, it appears the semi-colon feature still works, but can be a bit one-sided in the artwork shown.  For instance when playing Trio, by Emmylou, Dolly, & Linda there are way more pictures of Dolly.  Like 10-1.  If I list one of the other artists first I will get a more equal presentation, though the last listed artist is not ever shown (at least not before the track ends).

NeilOne

« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2016, 03:04:40 am »

I use a dual boot machine (Ubuntu and Windows) and a separate basement PC that stores all the media. I load that library on the playback machine.
JRiver is almost exclusively used for music playback, as I use Kodi for video (much prefer it over JRiver Theater view).

Some of the things I find annoying (both Windows and Ubuntu, since I didn't see Feature Requests in that forum there):
-Podcasts: (Windows and Ubuntu bug) The podcast episodes never get listed, I get an error. It's all fine when I enter the basement machine via TeamViewer and download it like that.
-Podcasts: I would really like an option to auto download and keep unplayed episodes only, and have played stuff auto delete upon playback.
-Media keys: (Ubuntu) I can't use media keys on my keyboard nor in the volume control to play/pause and switch tracks.
-Quick actions: (Ubuntu) I can't right click on the dock icon and play/pause, like I can with other music players. I only have "Install license" there (I already have master license, and bought the upgrade to 22, so this makes no sense).
-CPU usage: (Ubuntu) Sometimes after JRiver has been running for a while, my CPU goes into meltdown mode (100% usage all the time, just for JRiver), and only after I kill the program and restart it, does it restore to normal.
-UI: Although the amount of tweaks and settings that I have available is why I chose JRiver, the UI looks pretty terrible.

jacobacci

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2016, 02:21:21 am »

I would love to see a full integration of DSP Studio into DLNA Server. Being able to configure transcoding behaviour per zone would increase the value of MC DLNA server tremendously. I have been looking for a DLNA server that is able to have different transcoding profiles for different renderers for a long time, but all only have very rudimentary and partial solutions for this need.
Thanks for looking to integrate SOX as transcoding engine!

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2016, 10:46:45 pm »

Full range of playback speed for videos, down to frame by frame, both ways.
Also faster jumping in videos by various amounts like WLC has. I haven't looked for variable jump lengths, but just using the standard one is noticably slower than WLC. WLC also support variable speed navigation with the Mac trackpad.

More options for TV/DVR playback screen types and navigation. I really like the clean, classic look that Cox Communications has deployed with their new Contour DVR.

More stability and ease of use for my wife. I'm currently on Mac so Theatre view will be much appreciated and might solve that for me, but how customizable is theatre view? Maybe more options there too, and speed of navigation is key.

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2016, 10:51:46 pm »

I would like to be able to switch DSP presets in theater view. Or is this already possible?
Bump, and one click options for DSP on main window too.

benjy

• Recent member
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2016, 03:19:09 am »

Request: Extend [Playback Range] to accept fade-in / fade-out markers

Sometimes there is not a silence on which to begin or end a track when setting [Playback Range]. Consider a song where the final strains of music overlap with audience applause, where the clapping continues for an annoyingly long time. One would want to start the fade-out just after the music ends, but simply cutting it abruptly in the middle of the applause is jarring. A fade-out is needed to transition nicely to the next song in the playlist.

The current format can be represented by

{cue-in time} - {cue-out time}

Consider the following modification that indicates the points where fade-in begins and where fade-out ends.

{fade-in begin time} < {cue-in time} - {cue-out time} > {fade-out end time}

I picked "<" to represent the swell from silence to full volume and ">" to represent the fade from full volume to silence because they closely match the symbols for crescendo and diminuendo used in musical notation.

Thus, a song with a long annoying intro and extended applause might go from a very abrupt start and end under the current playback range format, such as

0:32.7 - 5:43.4

to a more enjoyable track with a half second fade-in at the end of the intro and a 5 second fade-out to discard a long and loud standing ovation:

0:32.2 < 0:32.7 - 5:43.4 > 5:48.4

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #191 on: June 01, 2016, 06:23:15 am »

In your example, you could use the Particles feature (on the Wiki) to "fix" the applause problem.

blgentry

« Reply #192 on: June 01, 2016, 08:00:07 am »

As far as I know, particles don't include fade in or fade out parameters.  They just "jump right in" to the audio at full volume and then cut it off at the end.

Brian.

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2016, 01:53:20 pm »

- TMDB instead tvdb for series metadata lookup (larger cover art, aspect ratio always the same)
- Cover Art for any Tag (i.e Genre Cover Art, Actor Cover Art, etc)
- Categories + 3D should be rendered via a graphics API like OpenGL or Vulcan --> Automatic Antialiasing, Automatic Anistropic Filtering, Real Shadows, Automatic Cover Art Scaling through Mipmapping, Possible to display thousands of covers at once without stuttering, flickering or lagging.
- Automatic Scaling for Categories View when changing window size with following options:
      - Keep count of displayed cover art the same (--> resulting in smaller or bigger cover arts when changing the window size)
      - Keep size of cover arts the same (this is what we have now)
      - Keep spacing between cover arts the same (--> resulting in slightly growing/shrinking cover arts until the count of cover arts per line can be decreased/increased by one)

blgentry

« Reply #194 on: June 01, 2016, 02:33:47 pm »

- TMDB instead tvdb for series metadata lookup (larger cover art, aspect ratio always the same)

TMDB seems to be missing individual episode information for some series that TVDB definitely has.  That would be a problem.

Brian.

Headcool

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2016, 03:07:05 pm »

TMDB seems to be missing individual episode information for some series that TVDB definitely has.  That would be a problem.

Brian.

That is not really a problem. MC should use the one a user prefers first and if something is missing use the other one.

The Problem with tvdb is, if someone puts a wrong cover art (wrong aspect ratio, tv channel logo, spoiler) up, someone must write that in the forum so it gets removed so someone can upload a good one. Since users don't tend to do that, these wrong cover arts stay there for years.

Al ex

« Reply #196 on: June 02, 2016, 03:30:35 am »

AUTOMATED LOGGING OF LIBRARY STATISTICS

I would like to have a feature, where I can look up, how many songs I have in my library.
This should be presented as a historical chart, e.g., a weekly or monthly, quarterly scale to see, how the library has changed over the time.

Further feature:
if there is an increase or decrease in the number of songs, then show, which files were added, or deleted in this time period.

Reason for it:
sometimes I have the feeling that I have lost some songs due to syncronization between my NAS and different computers.
So I would like to check the historical development of my inventory.

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »

Also faster jumping in videos by various amounts like WLC has. I haven't looked for variable jump lengths, but just using the standard one is noticably slower than WLC. WLC also support variable speed navigation with the Mac trackpad.
+1

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2016, 03:10:14 pm »

Hi

would be a nice feature to include Resampler-V (foobar component), which allows resampling and adjustement of various parameters to be controlled.

The built in algorithm is okay, however to tweak parameters, there is no way. Could be in the DSP settings to include it like VST plug-ins .

Here at sourforgenet:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/resamplerv/

Peter

deye76

« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2016, 03:13:58 pm »

AUTOMATED LOGGING OF LIBRARY STATISTICS

I would like to have a feature, where I can look up, how many songs I have in my library.
This should be presented as a historical chart, e.g., a weekly or monthly, quarterly scale to see, how the library has changed over the time.

Further feature:
if there is an increase or decrease in the number of songs, then show, which files were added, or deleted in this time period.

Reason for it:
sometimes I have the feeling that I have lost some songs due to syncronization between my NAS and different computers.
So I would like to check the historical development of my inventory.

+1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up