INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UZB1 support?  (Read 6387 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
UZB1 support?
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:29:49 pm »

I am ordering some equipment to test the program out, the consensus in the norwegian community seems to be that the UZB1 interface is better than the Z-stick. Is the UZB1 supported by the software, or should i just go for the Z-stick?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: UZB1 support?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 03:49:26 pm »

Is that this stick?
https://www.z-wave.me/index.php?id=28

It will probably work, but I'm not certain.  We'll buy yours if it doesn't work.

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 01:23:33 am »

Ok, I will order it then and give it a shot, and give feedback on how it works.

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 04:18:25 am »

The UZB1 seem to not work with engen, it binds itself to COM3, but when i start the program i get the message "Error starting service. Check that the Z-stick is installed and functioning". Is the program reliant on specific port settings or something?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:08:45 am »

I believe it can work on any port.  It should be found during installation.  Did you try other ports?  I believe that the port needs to be powered.

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:31:11 am »

I believe it can work on any port.  It should be found during installation.  Did you try other ports?  I believe that the port needs to be powered.
I was thinking about virtual com port settings, baud-rate and so on. I will try it om some other USB-ports on the computer, and on another computer just to check.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 06:42:56 am »

It might also need a driver.  drmimosa battled with his Z-Stick yesterday and won:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105136.0

flac.rules

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 04:05:01 am »

Sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling lately. It seems like the program does not handle UZB1(?), i have tried on several computers witht he same results, with the official driver. I will order the Z-stick and try with that.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:27 am »

We'll buy it from you and see if we can get it running, if you want.  Just contact me.  jimh at jriver.

flac.rules

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 08:21:22 am »

That is a very generous offer. But I live in norway, and I am sure the product is cheaper in the US, and the shipping cost are definitively much lower :), however it would be great if you are able to take a look at the product. But it is probably cheaper (and easier) for you to just order it in the US, I can always find a use for it somehow.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:24 am »

Is it a European model?  If you have a Paypal account, I could send you the money and you could ship it to Paris.

If it's too much of a hassle, that's fine.  I have a European model Z Stick coming this week and it may also behave the same.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 09:52:17 am »

I ordered one.

linutic

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 02:49:25 pm »

Just tried the zwave.me UZB and it works very well for me, both on Windows and on Linux.

I had some trouble with it at first, but that was a cockpit error.   I was working with an unreleased version that had a serious problem, and I attributed the problem to the UZB.   The problem was in my own code.

It works out of the box on Windows 10, but not Windows 8.1, and probably not on Windows 7.   Linux and Mac seem to have drivers for lots of UZB sticks.    If your system finds the driver, it will almost certainly work.   If it doesn't, there are windows drivers available from zwave.me that should work.

The stick I'm using (received from Amazon this week) reports it is using the Zwave library 3.99.   Zwave.me has a 6.51 firmware update available, but I couldn't get their firmware update tool to work.   I reported it to the company, but haven't heard back.

If you haven't bought anything yet, I think you are best to go with the AEON stick below.   It's up to the latest revs, and AEONs firmware update program actually works.   Also it has a fancy button that allows you to add/remove without being plugged in.  Actually, you probably shouldn't use it to pair battery powered devices, because they should be paired in their final location.   Sometimes Z-Wave won't get the routing right if you bring the stick to the device.   Battery powered devices don't listen all the time, it's a bit tricky for relay nodes to talk to it when optimizing the routing.

https://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-Aeotec-Z-Wave-Z-Stick/dp/B00X0AWA6E

Beware, however.   This particular stick uses US frequencies.  Europe & Japan use different frequencies.   Make sure you get one in the right region.

The zwave.me stick lets you program it for different regions, which would be best, if you can program it at all.

flac.rules

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 04:14:52 pm »

Interesting, and thanks for the feedback, I will check with a newer version of Engen and see if i can get it to work.

(and yeah, it is the european model).

flac.rules

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 02:11:51 am »

I sitll have the same problem, from the log [engen 1.0.19]:

2016-07-25 09:10:00: main:The zdriver failed to initialize: 'No serial device found'.  Aborting...
2016-07-25 09:10:00: main:Leaving start_from_service

Did you use anything other than the default settings to get it to work with engen linutic?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 02:34:22 am »

What OS are you using?

Are you using an internal USB port?  Did you try others?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 02:55:58 am »

I just tried the one I have (European -- ZMEEUZB1).  It didn't work.  The terminal window would not open and the log had a lot of errors.

I downloaded and installed 1.0.19.  This time it worked.  The terminal window opened.

Windows 10.  No driver installed.

flac.rules

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 03:26:40 am »

What OS are you using?

Are you using an internal USB port?  Did you try others?

I just recently updated to win10, I did try other ports earlier, but I havent tried the other ports with the newest engen, I will give it a try when i get home.

flac.rules

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 11:59:23 am »

I tried some other ports, that in combination with the new engen did the trick (it also changed to com4, not com3, but that is probably unrelated). Thanks for the tip, I have been able to see the webinterface, and paired a device, so I will continue to experiment.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 03:35:30 pm »

Great news.  Thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up