INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor?  (Read 3111 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Play Doctor?
« on: May 24, 2016, 09:27:25 am »

(2) Something seen on Allmusic I think, similar to Amazon,  and others - if you like this, check that one out, you will probably like it too. -- but based on my library

I have different moods, sometimes I like classic rock, sometimes I need soft blues. Having the suggestion engine will definitely help me to listen and re-discover existing catalog

Like Play Doctor?  if you pick a song it will recommend others that are similar and you can choose how tight you want it to stick to the original song

Vocalpoint

Re: Play Doctor?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:52:50 am »

Like Play Doctor?  if you pick a song it will recommend others that are similar and you can choose how tight you want it to stick to the original song

Exactly what I was thinking. That said - Play Doctor has never really worked for me so I have not come back to it.

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:03:58 am »

??  What problem did you have?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:12:58 am »

??  What problem did you have?  Please bump or start a thread.

Will have to try it again - once I do - I can provide a bit more context.

VP

luker0

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:17 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking. That said - Play Doctor has never really worked for me so I have not come back to it.

VP
Play Doctor is one the features that convinced me to buy.  The last four times I've used it came up with a better playlist than I could :)

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 04:27:00 pm »

Play Doctor is one the features that convinced me to buy.  The last four times I've used it came up with a better playlist than I could :)

The one and only time I tried it I think I put in something like The Fixx and got back a bunch of country tunes. You can see why it did not resonate with me.

I will try it again tonight and see if it's any better.

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 04:45:00 pm »

The more you give it as a seed, the better job it can do.  Try it by starting from a genre or a playlist.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »

Plus if it plays a song you don't like, skip it and Play Doctor will remove similar songs from the list, or at least not add that type of song in future.

I use Play Doctor a lot. Very useful.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up