INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't JRiver find existing files when I do search?  (Read 2285 times)

ag93444

• Recent member
Why can't JRiver find existing files when I do search?
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:19:15 am »

There are a number of CDs that I have ripped and are sitting in folders with everything else that has been ripped but when I do a search on those albums in the app they do not appear?

I am using 10.11.4

Thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Why can't JRiver find existing files when I do search?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:23:53 am »

It's likely that the metadata of those files/albums is incomplete or different than you are expecting.  The easiest way to verify that MC has imported the files you are thinking of, and to see them, is to use the files view on the left hand side:  Audio > Files .

You should be able to use this view to drill down through your directories, and find the files you are looking for.  Once you locate them, you should see what their Album, Artist, etc tags are set to.  You can correct these if necessary using Edit > Tag .

Good luck!

Brian.

ag93444

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:59 am »

What if all the data for a given file (Album or Song) is accurate?

If I type the name of an artist or album in a search, it should come up, correct?

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:05:27 am »

Did you add those file at a later date? You then might need to import them manually or activate or change the auto import function.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:34:00 pm »

What if all the data for a given file (Album or Song) is accurate?

If I type the name of an artist or album in a search, it should come up, correct?

If you are in a View that shows those files, then yes, search should work.  At this point I'm not sure if your files have been imported or not.  Can you find the files in the Audio > Files section?  Looking by folder is the way I'd recommend since you know which folder they are in.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up