INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB Digital Device Issue  (Read 4302 times)

allfab

USB Digital Device Issue
« on: June 12, 2016, 06:33:36 pm »

I recently had a Z87 motherboard die and replaced it with a H97 from a different manufacturer.  I am using Windows 7 going from my PC through a Xitel Pro HiFi Link to a Denon digital receiver for my music files and can no longer get a digital signal on the receiver.  I have checked the analog output and can get music files to play but only through 2 speakers.  I would like to get the digital signal back.  I have loaded the latest drivers and I don't have any conflicts in Device Manager.  The device shows up as a USB sound device in Device Manager.  I have tried both optical and coax connection on the HiFi link and neither are working.

I don't mind some learning but at this point I am being taught a lesson.  I am hoping someone can help get me with a little learning to get me back to where I was.

I have used MJ8, MJ12, MJ14 for years without any issues.  I recently installed MC21 and it ran fine.  However, the problems started when I replaced the motherboard.  Xitel hasn't been a huge help and am considering switching to a different USB digital output device but  the issue may lie with elsewhere.

At this point I have done a complete reinstall of Windows 7.  The drivers from both boards are from Intel.  The only difference appears to be an updated file for the H97 board by about 6 months.  Without some feedback I don't really want to remove the current drivers.  I fear that I could get taught a major lesson and that probably wouldn't go well.  I re-installed Windows 7 and added one piece of USB hardware at a time; Keyboard and mouse, Xitel USB Audio device, USB weather station.  I re-checked the digital feed into the receiver and no luck.  When I reinstalled Windows 7 it created a Windows.old folder and the Intel log file for the USB has information regarding the installation of the USB drivers from both motherboards.  The Programs(x86)folder is there also but the Programs folder is gone.

I would like some direction to either fix the lack of music on the patio whether there is a software fix or new hardware is needed before I get taught another lesson.  Please help an old man enjoy music on the patio with his craft beer.

Kevin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: USB Digital Device Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:48:14 pm »

The wiki has a topic on audio setup.  You might also try Windows Control Panel > Sounds.  You should be able to play test sounds there.  That has to work before MC can.

allfab

Re: USB Digital Device Issue
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 07:28:03 pm »

I assume that it is an operating system problem because I can't get any sound when I test sound in Playback Devices for a USB output.
Pages: [1]   Go Up