INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Negative numbers  (Read 5903 times)

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
Bug: Negative numbers
« on: June 19, 2016, 03:15:23 am »

JRiver shows sometimes negative times or bitrates or track numbers (example attached).

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug: Negative numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 06:42:19 am »

Have you tried playing any of these files?  How about doing "Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)?"  Have you re-run audio analysis on these files?

All 3 would be good tests to do on a few files.  I've never seen this in my library, but that doesn't mean much.

Brian.

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 09:48:03 am »

It has nothing to do with these files. It’s just that JRiver doesn’t know the numbers between 128 and 256. I believe, it’s problem this seems to be a problem if the language is german and if it is a remote library. It’s the same with track numbers between 128 and 256 and so on. I have no time to test it more thoroughly. It’s not my job. I just paid for the software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 11:48:14 am »

You're reporting something that is not familiar, so there is a chance there is something unusual about your setup.  Brian asked if the files could be played.

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 02:55:23 pm »

The files are OK. I can play them and they are like all the other ones. The same problem as with bitrate is with track numbers. I attach three screenshots. On the first one you see the negative screenshots. On the second the pint where the positive numbers begin. The third shows, that the numbers 128-255 are lacking. You will see this happen everywhere where you have numbers between 128 and 255. Maybe it is only if you use a remote library.  Anyway has surely nothing to do with the file contents or format.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 04:47:26 pm »

Would you be willing to make one of the files showing the weird behavior available to matt at jriver dot com?  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 07:16:49 am »

I hope you will understand that it is not reasonable for us to test every problem reported.  Many problems are unrelated to our software.

Here's a partial record of such problems:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=24031.0

You mentioned German language as a factor.  Please confirm that it is only a problem when using German as the language.  Does English work?

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:57:48 am »

I just met this problem once more. Here is a list of duration of some files and what JRiver shows:

2:16 -> -2:00
2:24 -> -1:52
3:00 -> -1:16
3:28 -> -0:48
3:52 -> -0:24

This is the same pattern as with bitrates. There is a problem with numbers between 128 and 256. It has absolutely nothing to do with the files, which have no problem. All the other programs which play audio files show the right time and bitrate. This must be a bug.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 09:01:58 am »

Could you email me one of the files where we're showing a wonky duration?  I'm matt at jriver.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Werner

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 09:09:20 am »

How can I send a file? It’s too large as attachment.
To answer another question: The issue is independent of language setting. It’s just an issue with numbers. Durations, bitrates and so on.

Here some strange bitrate issues:

If the bitrate is 127 or below, JRiver shows it correctly.
If it is 128, JRiver shows -128.
If it is 192, JRiver shows -64.
and so on.
If the bitrate is 256 and above, JRiver shows it correctly.
This is true for absolutely all files with these birates. I think you know this pattern.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 04:50:10 pm »

We identified the problem responsible for this, unfortunately we can't fix it retroactively in all cases. If your files still show negative bitrates or durations after installing the next build, you can fix it for file-based fields by using "Update library from tags".
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up