INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do if MC loses your license  (Read 5210 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
What to do if MC loses your license
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:05:46 pm »

This is Likely a configuration permissions/ownership issue or a corrupted Settings file.

Do not use sudo to run MC, you can end up creating settings files that can't be written using sudo.
If you think you need sudo, you probably just need to add your user to the audio user group instead.

You can correct ownership issues by doing this from a terminal prompt (as your user, not root):
cd ; touch ugidfile ; sudo chown -R --reference=ugidfile .jriver

Then reenter the license key either using the box that comes up when MC runs, via Help->Registration Info if you are running in trial mode or by using the command line method in this post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102427.0 (don't use sudo!).

If that still doesn't work, move the Machine Settings file out of the way and rerun MC and reenter the key. From a terminal prompt as your user, not root and with MC NOT running:

cd ; mv .jriver/Media\ Center\ 21/Settings/Machine\ Settings.ini .jriver/Media\ Center\ 21/Settings/Machine\ Settings.sav
then rerun MC which will create a new Machine Settings file. Enter your key using one of the methods above and see if it sticks.

epqiam

Re: What to do if MC loses your license
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:37:18 pm »

Hi.  I purchased a license, but I no longer have access to the e-mail that I used to register at that time.  That e-mail address was ethan@weatherwood.tv, but I stopped working for that company.  My current e-mail is ethan@quirt.net.  My name is Ethan Quirt.  I give you my word of honor that I purchased a license.  Thank you.

PS:  I also don't have access to the credit card that I paid with since it's been a long time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What to do if MC loses your license
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:53:31 pm »

Hi.  I purchased a license, but I no longer have access to the e-mail that I used to register at that time.  That e-mail address was ethan@weatherwood.tv, but I stopped working for that company.  My current e-mail is ethan@quirt.net.  My name is Ethan Quirt.  I give you my word of honor that I purchased a license.  Thank you.

PS:  I also don't have access to the credit card that I paid with since it's been a long time.
You can change your e-mail address by using option #2 on the Restore Page.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License
Pages: [1]   Go Up