INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple to buy Tidal?  (Read 4703 times)

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
Apple to buy Tidal?
« on: July 05, 2016, 05:20:53 am »

Apple to buy Tidal? Hmmm could be.. Jay-Z wallet might be getting a bit light.... and Apple might use tidal as it's premium Hi-Res Streaming service....

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/why-tidal-is-the-perfect-acquisition-target-for-apple/

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Apple to buy Tidal?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 05:56:40 am »

Even less chances of Tidal being open to better integration into third-party players then, eh.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 06:40:57 am »

It's a rumor.

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 10:24:57 pm »

I guess this would fit with Apple's "Premium" market strategy. 

bhampster

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 08:01:30 am »

I think Apple wants to keep CD quality off peoples devices.

But then, I still don't know what a Jay Z is and I have all my CDs ripped losslessly so I don't use any of those services.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »

Almost pure speculation, with the site providing a link back to itself as evidence initially, then to a dubious Wall Street Journal speculative article.

This is what "news" has become in our world, "He said she said, they might one day... scratch their butt."
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 06:29:44 pm »

News is getting stranger and stranger.  "Sponsored by" links that look like news articles.  Editorial presented as news.  Articles that are full of typos.  Hello, editor?

It is a noisy world and getting noisier by the minute.

I miss the day when the news came in the morning paper, dropped on the doorstep.  It had a cohesive voice.  It was our news, not the news of blathering idiots.

Sometimes, I miss dropping that paper there at 5:45AM on a snowy, blowing January day.  Not often.  Just once in a while.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 07:47:42 pm »

Don't forget that comedy shows are now "news" too.  The Daily Show, et al.  Comedy.  But many people consider them a legitimate source of news.  Which is troubling because it's comedy.  It's parody.  But people use it as news, which means that they believe some part(s) of the parody as reality.

Brian.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 09:08:07 pm »

News is getting stranger and stranger.  "Sponsored by" links that look like news articles.  Editorial presented as news.  Articles that are full of typos.  Hello, editor?

It is a noisy world and getting noisier by the minute.

I miss the day when the news came in the morning paper, dropped on the doorstep.  It had a cohesive voice.  It was our news, not the news of blathering idiots.

Sometimes, I miss dropping that paper there at 5:45AM on a snowy, blowing January day.  Not often.  Just once in a while.

I get almost all my news from Twitter.

DJLegba

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 09:28:13 pm »

Subscribe again. I still get two morning papers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up