INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: storing Cover Art  (Read 1088 times)

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
storing Cover Art
« on: August 05, 2003, 03:18:49 am »

well, i am a little bit confused about cover art. I do not want to store the images in the files and i do not want to store them in the cover art directory. I want to store them in the directory of the music-files. But when i do so, and i want to get new Images from Internet (in Musiccenter) all images are stored again in the cover art dir, althought i activated "only when missing". So i have to move the new images in the directory (which ones of the 400 images are new??) and delete the rest in this directory. What am i doing wrong ??

Uwe

LisaRCT

Re: storing Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 05:22:33 am »

I find it easiest to have my cover art storage folder on my music library hard drive in a folder named
"_Cover Art" (the _ causes it to sort so it appears before all the artist folders).
Easy to find, easy to use, and gets backed up with my music library.

I know this does not answer your question, but I found it too much of a difficulty to manage the way you seek to do . . . . . . just a suggestion.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 05:32:38 am »

The disadvantage of storing images in the same dir as the music is that MC will attach the 1st image it finds to all files that have no cover art (when importing). To set the default CA directory, go to MC>Tools>Options>File Naming & ...>Track Images Location and change to suit.

10-27

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 06:22:36 am »

@xen-uno
ok, i forgot to say that i organize my music in directories in that way: artist\album\song.mp3 because i am using the same file structure for my little HDD-Jukebox. So i would have the cover-art in the directories of the albums. It would be more concise for me to have "all together".
@LisaRCT
maybe thats a good way. As you say, i can have the cover art directory also on my HDD-Jukebox and can synchronize  with my other Mediy PCs. I will try that...

THX for sympathies
Pages: [1]   Go Up