INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with sluggish performance of IR remote for JRiver V21 / Windows 10  (Read 2244 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck

I’m running JRiver V21 (purchased V22 upgrade but waiting till stable) on a Windows 10 HTPC and using Harmony Elite remote with commands via IR blaster / USB IR dongle (not Bluetooth). This set-up works but the remote control is quite sluggish – with moving up / down in the Guide and selecting “watch” against a selected channel often not working. My first thought was that the poor performance might be due to the remote but I’ve seen the same behaviour with an old Microsoft WMC Remote and an older Harmony remote used in a second system. If, though, I use a Logitech (Unify) keyboard then the performance is fast and seamless. I’m at a loss as to the next step to resolve this issue so any advice would be much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

What is the full version of MC21?

Possibilities:

1  WMC is running in the background.  MC has a setting to disable it.

2.  Logitech software is installed.  Try uninstalling it.

3.  Something else consuming the key strokes.  

4.  Bright room

5.  Batteries

6.  Receiver not visible

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck

What is the full version of MC21?

Possibilities:

1  WMC is running in the background.  MC has a setting to disable it.

2.  Logitech software is installed.  Try uninstalling it.

3.  Something else consuming the key strokes.  

4.  Bright room

5.  Batteries

6.  Receiver not visible

Thanks, Jim, for the assistance. I tracked down the issue. The USB IR dongle wasn't a genuine Microsoft unit and when I replaced it with one (which I had in the kit bag) it all just worked!
Pages: [1]   Go Up