INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube Issue  (Read 10906 times)

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
Youtube Issue
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:27:54 am »

Currently running MC17 with Wndows 7 Ultimate 64 bit computer. Was working great then I noticed that I can't get youtube to open because it says I don't have flash player installed but on checking I do have t installed. I looking forward I can't get youtube to play anything when I use the program (MC17) to open the program up, but I can access youtube outside of MC17. Somewhere there is something either clicked off or something. Any help would be apprecieated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Youtube Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:32:26 am »

You might try updating to MC22 because you're running kind of an ancient copy.

Then if there's still a problem, we'll dig in.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:38:11 am »

Matt, thank for the very quick reply. I guess I'm one of those guys that thinks "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". With that said, I have been with MC for a long time and currently have MC18 on my computer as well. The only thing I do really is listen to my music on here. I do not play movies, or anything like that. I have about 12,000 songs on here which I enjoy. What weird is that I can access youtube on MC18 as late as yesterday and now just checking I can't play youtube on MC18 or MC17  if they open through the program. I can access youtube if it runs outside the program though.
The error messing I am getting is that I need to install flash player but I already have it installed. I don't know if something is going on or what or maybe it's just me and I accidently moved or hit a button I should have not. Like I said MC18 was working just fine with youtube running through the program now it won't work.  smh

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 12:32:16 pm »

Youtube changes from time to time and we try to change with it.  So please try the current version.

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »

Jim, When you say try the current version, I think you are implying that I upgrade to MC21 or 22. If I was into movies and such where I can take advantage of everything, I probably would however, I just listen to my music and I feel that MC17 or 18 is sufficient. I really don't think my ears could tell the different between the versions. That said, I tried a few things and got MC18 working with youtube again. I had somehow got the compatibility view settings set on my browser (don't know how). Anyway clicked that off and MC18 is working with youtube, but MC17 still does not recognize flash player and wants me to down load flash again (which I did) and still won't play telling me to download flash player. Any suggestions??

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 06:51:18 pm »

I just figured out something again ,maybe, it's not just youtube but I can't access any internet audio through MC17. For instance, I can click on Amazon music, but when I try and click on to play it just sits there and won't play but it will play through my browser. I must have done something, but I really have no clue as to what.

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »

This is definitely a MC issue. It won't access youtube, amazon or any other site if I open the browser within MC17. If I open the browser externally I have no issue or problem, it's just inconvenient, but if that what it takes then so be it. I think the issue is the JRWeb.exe because it seems like it's the controlling point of accessing the web through MC.

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 06:22:47 pm »

Firewall or AV software preventing access maybe?

Brian.

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 09:52:16 am »

Firewall or AV software preventing access maybe?

Brian.

This was one of the first things that I checked. What makes this so telling to me is that I have MC18 on here and it plays youtube with no issues at all through the program. I checked the settings and both are virtually the same. One thing that I did notice is that the flash player somehow does not load into MC17 which I think might be the problem. Never had this issue before with MC17 just within the last few weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up