INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing issues  (Read 4757 times)

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
Importing issues
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:28:23 am »

I have a problem with importing some audio files in JRiver MC21.0.80.

For ripping of my audio cds i'm using dbpoweramp for mac.
After importing in JRiver Medica Center (<File>, <Import a single folder>) sometimes 1 File of an album does not get imported. The log for the „bad file“ shows following information:

0008216: 2050494464: Import: CAtom::Read: CAtom::Read Expected empty size 1413564230, Pos 26831876, Size 14, urn

I don’t know what this means or how to fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

One additional note: All my music is ripped to ALAC. I just converted the bad file to FLAC and the import was successful. This is not a solution for me, because my preferred codec is ALAC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Importing issues
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:52:20 am »

When you have a problem, please always try the latest version.   It's here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=105609.0

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:10:03 pm »

Ok, thank you for for trying to help me. Now i've installed 21.0.91 but no luck. The same error appears. Any other suggestions? ?

Additional Info:
If I clear all metadata after ripping and before importing to media center, everything works fine.
Which tag could cause the above described problem?
Any help would be appreciated

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 02:33:25 am »

I did another test on this topic.
After ripping of the CD i modified the Tag „Title“ of the bad files outside of Media Center.
Result: All Tracks gets imported to Media Center

I really don't understand what's the problem with the original title of the tracks which are flagged as bad file (e.g. "Turn Them", Burn it Down").
It would be really helpful to know what is analyzed during import in Media Center.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 08:49:06 am »

That's all very strange.  DBPoweramp, on Windows, is sort of a "standard".  Meaning that it is a very well known program that many hold up as one of the best programs around for it's task.  I'm unfamiliar with how it works on Mac.

ALAC is a well known format of course, but most people outside of the Apple world don't use it.  So it's not used as often as a ripping format.  I wonder if there's some subtle bug or misbehavior with the ALAC encoder, or tagging in DBPoweramp for Mac?

I just did a test using XLD (a ripping program for Mac) to rip a CD to ALAC format.  MC imported all of the ALAC files generated by XLD without any issues.

Maybe try MC for ripping your CDs instead?  Or XLD?  At least for a test.

Brian.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 05:31:58 pm »

Thank you for your suggestion. I did a test with xld and all the files have been imported to MC successfull.

Just for clarification: Not all rips with dbpoweramp shows this problem only a few tracks from a few CDs.

I did also a test with the „bad files“ and performed an import in itunes. All tracks are imported successfull. As you will understand, this is not a solution for me ;)

I’m really interested in what is wrong. Maybe the information from the Log which i’ve posted in my first post gives some hint?
Pages: [1]   Go Up