INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Desktop behavior since Windows 10 Anniversary Update  (Read 5647 times)

PPatla

• Recent member
Remote Desktop behavior since Windows 10 Anniversary Update
« on: August 21, 2016, 01:15:07 pm »

I wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue...

I used to be able to Remote Desktop into my HTPC (Windows 10) running JRiver 21 (and now 22) and play various playlists and or albums..

Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary update when you disconnect the music (session) stops on the remote PC and stop playing...

This used to work just fine, I've google quite a bit to find some pointers I also found where you can make some edits in GPedit.msc and that hasn't helped me yet..

Has anyone else since this annoying issue?

Pat
 ?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote Desktop behavior since Windows 10 Anniversary Update
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:18:49 pm »

In the Remote Desktop application, there is a Settings dialog where you can select what happens to the audio output. In Windows 10 they changed the default setting, but you can change it back.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

PPatla

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 01:31:36 pm »

I should have been more complete.. The audio is configured to stay on remote session.  The application on the remote computer stops when you disconnect.  If I leave the session open, the music plays just fine on the remote PC thru my stereo system.

When I disconnect, it's like you hit STOP on JR and then I have to log back in and hit PLAY.

mdav

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »

I can confirm this when using Remote Desktop and JRemote. I then must hit play again in JRemote after the last song stopped.

jacobacci

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 01:30:58 am »

Same thing here. For the time being I have resorted to leaving the remote desktop session open.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 02:05:37 am »

When I log in using RDP, the remote screen switches to the lock screen. If I just end the session, it leaves the htpc on the lock screen, requiring that I login again on the htpc, which is set to auto logon at startup using netplwiz.

I have a shortcut to a bat file pinned to the start menu on the htpc. The bat file runs the following command...

tscon.exe 1 /dest:console

It leaves the session on the controlling PC as shown in the attached image, while the remote PC is returned to it's 'proper' state (theater view in my case), not the lock screen, and any music playing, continues to do so.

If you want to try it, I have also attached the bat file I use. In case you don't trust me, you can open it in notepad to see what it will do, just remember that you must save it on the remote PC, and run it from inside your remote session on the other PC.

Hope that helps.

-marko

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:43:37 pm »

I'm reopening this thread to point out that many people are having this problem and today (10 March 2018) somebody has suggested a solution. It's on page 3 of the following thread. However, I don't know if it works or not because I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/windows-10-remote-desktop-session-sound-stops-when/40594f6f-933a-4a2e-90cc-388fd4410851
Pages: [1]   Go Up