INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Option to Raise Priority Level via "Pull Down"  (Read 2669 times)

bklynboy70

• Recent member

I really like JRiver MC, but frequently I get "MC has stopped responding" would you like to wait or close the app. If I wait, MC always comes back. So MC was just "thinking". I upped the priority of the process to "High" (Win7 wouldn't let me raise it to "Realtime". Upon changing the process priority it runs much smoother. Since my PCs that have MC on them are all HTPCs, it makes sense that MC should get the priority over anything else.

Is there any way to add in an option to modify the priority of MC's process via a pulldown to allow the user to select the priority which best suits them. Then the priority change can take place upon the following restart of the process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and take care,

Rob

abozo

• Recent member
Re: Feature Request - Option to Raise Priority Level via "Pull Down"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 09:59:57 am »

Old topic, I know.  But this would help me too.  If I've missed the feature, please direct me.

I get occasional dropouts in the music unless I promote JRiver to High priority using Task Manager.  That's the only thing that has solved it for me.  But can I run JRiver as High priority by default, rather than having to manually promote it each time using Task Manger?

Win10.  JRMC22.  Slowish silent micro PC running 4k res.

bklynboy70

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 05:14:46 pm »

I have not heard anything with respect to this request.

Abozo, have you found a resolution?

Thank you and take care,

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 05:36:02 pm »

You shouldn't need to change priorities at all.  If it helps, there may be something wrong with your system.  Antivirus software, for example, could do that.  A drive spun down, etc.

bklynboy70

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 07:56:36 pm »

You shouldn't need to change priorities at all.  If it helps, there may be something wrong with your system.  Antivirus software, for example, could do that.  A drive spun down, etc.

I concur, this is indeed possible. In my professional projects, I have taken the time to track down the offending processes. For a home project, I'd rather not spend that much time unless necessary. This is why I'd rather increase the priority, it lets me get on to my other projects.

Thank you for the info, it is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up