INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: "Swag of Tools" : Collection of Utilities for MC  (Read 98752 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Swag of Tools" : Collection of Utilities for MC
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2018, 04:00:38 pm »

Hi lepa.  MC already does that, with the "Get Movie and TV Info" function.  There is a "Use Subtitles" check box and then you can select the Lang and MC will get it from OpenSubtitles.
I meant that you would use MediaInfo to get embedded subtitles languages info from the file and it would be saved to the database so I can see easily which videos have which subtitles already.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2018, 04:07:53 pm »

Ahhh got you.  Let me have a Look. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2018, 05:06:20 pm »

So there may be a couple of fields of interest in the MediaInfo dumps, one is the Language Field for each Audio Stream, and for each Text Stream.  Are you just after the Text Streams?
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »

Personally I'm interested on subtitle streams as I only use original languages for the sound (but I guess it is similar job to parse also audio languages if you decide to implement this). Maybe people who are used to dubbing would also use that soundtrack language data. At least for children's videos it might be helpful to get that info into a view

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2018, 05:27:49 pm »

How about, I scan the MediaInfo dump for all Languages in all streams (including Video or Audio) and add the data into the existing MC "Language" field (if this data exists).  This would be similar to what I'm doing for "Compression" and the DTS:X and Atmos extension?
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 05:36:34 pm »

Stock field would be of course easier to maintain but I would prefer own fields for audio and subtitles or if in one field at least to be able to separate which are subtitle languages and which are for audio so I could make custom fields using that data to show them separately.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 05:50:32 pm »

I'm more thinking of how to make the idea of exposing the supported lang generically applicable for any user (if that makes sense).  I "think" it would work for you as I'm not sure you would have any (or many) cases where there would be an Audio Lang listed that did not also have a subtitle lang. 

Let me start with that as a simple case first and see how it works. 
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 08:45:14 pm »

Update: 06 Jan 2018
- MediaInfo will now update the MC Languages Field with any languages found in the file
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2018, 07:11:58 am »

Thanks for the update. I downloaded 64bit binary but am not able to get Language field populated...

It downloads MediaInfo according to GUI but the folder created is empty

E: Manually downloaded MediaInfo and now Language gets populated. However I still would like to get audio and subtitle languages separated somehow.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2018, 03:46:31 pm »

Mmmm MediaInfo Download is working for me, you should have seen in order
-  % download and did it progress from 0 to 100%,
- Windows then U-Zip the downloaded file

(One bug is the above info does not stay in the log - I'll see if I can fix that)

Also, I'm having a think on how to generically support some form of Rule, where you can specify I want "This Data" to go into "This Field"
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2018, 07:25:20 pm »

Update: 07 Jan 2018
- MediaInfo will now let you optionally update a MC Field with selected info reported by MediaInfo and can restrict this by a Section of the report.

Eg Lepa can update his custom "Subtitles" field by using these values in order (See Pic)
- Subtitles (the name of the field in MC)
- Language (the name of the field in MediaInfo)
- Text (the name of the section in MediaInfo to restrict it to).
JRiver CEO Elect

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2018, 05:31:28 am »

Working great! Thanks a lot. Your tool is much appreciated and saves a lot manual work for me!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2018, 06:00:48 am »

You're welcome.  Let me know of any bugs etc.  Can you post a description / screen shot of what you are doing (it may be of interest to others) and I'll link it to the MediaInfo post as an example?
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2018, 07:20:09 am »

I get the following error when I try to chapterfy:

http://192.168.178.35:52199/MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle?File=-1&FileType=Key&Count=1
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Response Status="Failure"/>

Nothing is Selected in MC!
Checking for chapterDB #169116, Please Wait

The file has been selected with Right Click. Any Idea ?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2018, 04:07:00 pm »

Hi dskrt, I'm not sure the exact method you are using.
- Are you running Chapterfy from MC or where you running Swag of Tools first?
- Which Chapterfy option are you trying to use (Manually Create, CatperDB Lookup, Read Blu-ray MPLS, chapter.txt File)?
- Can you post the full log entries

I tried the following... (I think you are using the ChapterDB Lookup??) - Ran Swag of Tools --> ChapterDB Lookup --> Entered "169116".  It then fetched the Chapter Info and opened up it up in Notepad (as follows)
Code: [Select]
CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
CHAPTER01NAME=The Ballad of Bill Hubbard
CHAPTER02=00:04:20.594
CHAPTER02NAME=What God Wants, Part I
CHAPTER03=00:10:20.954
CHAPTER03NAME=Perfect Sense, Part I
CHAPTER04=00:14:35.500
CHAPTER04NAME=Perfect Sense, Part II
CHAPTER05=00:17:27.546
CHAPTER05NAME=The Bravery of Being Out of Range
CHAPTER06=00:22:11.705
CHAPTER06NAME=Late Home Tonight, Part I
CHAPTER07=00:26:13.572
CHAPTER07NAME=Late Home Tonight, Part II
CHAPTER08=00:28:25.203
CHAPTER08NAME=Too Much Rope
CHAPTER09=00:34:13.051
CHAPTER09NAME=What God Wants, Part II
CHAPTER10=00:37:51.269
CHAPTER10NAME=What God Wants, Part III
CHAPTER11=00:42:01.519
CHAPTER11NAME=Watching TV
CHAPTER12=00:48:07.885
CHAPTER12NAME=Three Wishes
CHAPTER13=00:55:00.297
CHAPTER13NAME=It's a Miracle
CHAPTER14=01:03:30.306
CHAPTER14NAME=Amused to Death
CHAPTER15=01:12:43.401
CHAPTER15NAME=Program End
Note: I had to manually remove the Commas as it was causing the call to fail (so this is a bug on my part)

Chapterfy then it created the particles just fine (see log)
Code: [Select]
Created the following Chapter Particles ,5661590,5661591,5661592,5661593,5661594,5661595,5661596,5661597,5661598,5661599,5661600,5661601,5661602,5661603,5661604
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2018, 04:13:24 pm »

...there also seems to be an issue with the ChapterDB.org website.  Do you get the Notepad opening with the Chapter Info in it, or is it Blank?
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2018, 04:17:46 pm »

I get the following error when I try to chapterfy:

http://192.168.178.35:52199/MCWS/v1/File/CreateParticle?File=-1&FileType=Key&Count=1
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<Response Status="Failure"/>

Nothing is Selected in MC!

This is also indicating that nothing is actually selected in MC.  The call as File=-1, and should looke like File=123456 (which is the item selected in MC).
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2018, 11:18:21 pm »

Hi Jmone, thanks for your fast answer(s)

What I am doing is:

I select the file (which is a flac 5.1 extracted from a BD audio) and send it to swag of tools - Main Menu. I then do a ChapterDB lookup, I get a text file with the chapters, when I close the file I am asked if I want to chapterfy, say yes and then the error 500 occurs. I also tried to use chapter.txt to create the particles with the same error!

First I suspected My Server library and files who are on a Synology NAS in a docker container, I then tried with a library server and files on a Macbook with the same error, as a last resource I tried with the server library and files being on the same Windows PC and this time it worked!

So it seems to not pass the file argument when the library server and the files are on another machine. Maybe it is a MCWS problem ?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2018, 05:30:30 am »

Could be... what PC is 192.168.178.35 ?
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 06:08:12 am »

It is the synology NAS where MC runs in a docker container, but as I wrote before it is also not working with a Macbook as Library server but with the server on the same Windows PC as the client it works fine.....

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 11:19:53 am »

Ok. So it's probably just me but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to list Blu-ray playlists. Are they something I should be Importing but are not? Help!

Thanks, Gary

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 02:09:03 pm »

@GaryWW - have you created your Title Particles first in MC (this is the bit that takes a BD and then exposes each title on that BD as a particle?  Discussion is in the 2nd post on this thread, but the main bit is:
1 - need to create the BD Title Particle(s) - in MC, Select your BD --> Right Click --> Stacks --> Advance --> Auto Create BD/DVD Title Particles.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2018, 02:14:45 pm »

@dskrt - Glad you got it narrowed down and working (at least on one PC).   Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it is a MCWS, OS or a topology limit.  From what I see in the log, the server was reporting no Item was selected (eg the -1) and errored out.  I've only ever used my tool on a Windows Box running both Swag and MC Server.
JRiver CEO Elect

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2018, 06:30:52 pm »

@GaryWW - have you created your Title Particles first in MC (this is the bit that takes a BD and then exposes each title on that BD as a particle?
Sure enough. I missed that. :-[ It's all good now.  :)

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2018, 04:00:05 am »

@jmone, I will continue to narrow it out, for instance trying the files on the NAS and the library locally etc. But I suspect the problem beeing between the different OS's as it does not work neither on MAC and on the Synology. I will also try to set it up in a client/Server on 2 Windows PC's. 

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2018, 04:59:42 am »

This may help speed up testing what is happening.  From a Web Browser enter the following (just change the IP Addy:Port for the device running MC Server):

http://192.168.178.35:52199/MCWS/v1/Files/Current?Action=Serialize

It should return a result as follows where the last part is the KEY of the item selected:

2;1;-1;5596380

If it looks like the following then nothing is selected in the MC Server @ 192.168.178.35:52199

2;0;-1

Edit - Keep in mind the above call asks the MC Server at 192.168.178.35:52199 what it has selected (not what a MC Client may be showing on another PC).  Thinking out loud..., if it is the case where you have a MC Client loaded that you have selected an item but the call is to the MC Server then it is not going to get the item you want.  If that is the case the only way I can think of doing it would be have you to enter in the MC Key (I'd have to add the option however).... Unless there is a way of having a MC Client select an Item on the MC Server somehow (maybe play it first???).
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2018, 04:01:29 pm »

Hi Jmone,

Basically, what you are saying is that the server library must reside on the same machine as the client or at least it should be a local library ?

I tried the command http://192.168.178.35:52199/MCWS/v1/Files/Current?Action=Serialize with the result being 2;0;-1 !

Then using a copy of the library at my windows PC with the local command http://192.168.178.20:52199/MCWS/v1/Files/Current?Action=Serialize

or

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Files/Current?Action=Serialize

I got an output like 2;1;-1;5596380 and the chapterfy command was also working!

BUT then, how should I work in a  server library  environment from a client ? Or am I misunderstanding the purpose of MCWS ?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2018, 04:36:38 pm »

Why do you need to call the server? Can't you enable mcws on the client and call that instead (to get the selected entry)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2018, 06:10:32 pm »

Sorry - I'm poorly using terms.  MCWS are commands sent to a particular MC Instance.  Swag uses http://192.168.178.35:52199/MCWS/v1/Files/Current?Action=Serialize to find out what item has been selected on that MC Instance, and the future MCWS commands to create particles etc on that Instance.

What I've never tested is if you use Swag on a MC Client if the changes will then sync back to the MC Library Server.  I'm guessing it is "Yes" if you have on the MC Client --> Tools--> Options--> Media Network--> Client Options--> AutoSync with Server "checked".

Give it a go.
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2018, 12:13:23 pm »

HI Jmone,

Tried it out, checked first the configuration, to be sure that MC is available at localhost which it was!

I then launched ChapterDB lookup, followed by chapterfy, I get after a while the message 'Error MC not found at localhost:52199' and from that point on, MC reacts very erratically and the PC is very slow and most worrying, the selected entry has disappeared from the server library !!

What I think is that MCWS (or the swag) cannot be used with a client connected to a server library on another device even if the configuration of the 'swag' is the local machine itself!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2018, 01:41:06 pm »

Weird.  I'll be able to test at the end of the week when I'm back at home.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2018, 09:22:50 pm »

HI Jmone,

Tried it out, checked first the configuration, to be sure that MC is available at localhost which it was!

I then launched ChapterDB lookup, followed by chapterfy, I get after a while the message 'Error MC not found at localhost:52199' and from that point on, MC reacts very erratically and the PC is very slow and most worrying, the selected entry has disappeared from the server library !!

What I think is that MCWS (or the swag) cannot be used with a client connected to a server library on another device even if the configuration of the 'swag' is the local machine itself!

I can confirm that BAD THINGS HAPPEN, if you try to do any Particle Work on a Client (this is not a SWAG thing but an MC Thing). As an example I made the following changes on a client:
1) OK: I deleted some existing particles (all ok and the changes sycned)
2) BAD: I then created a Title Particle (Using MC).  Looked OK on the Client but the MC Server then started to move stuff around and I got pop ups like attached.  It seems that the BDMV Folder was being re-created in the BDMV/PLAYLIST Folder.  Now the entry is Gone from MC all together (i'll restore the file structure from my backup and re-import into MC).

Edit - In looking at "All" DB Entires I can see it has been tagged as FileDBLocation as "Stacks" (not "Main" etc).
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:39 am »

Will you submit this behaviour as a bug to the MC team ?

How should I then work in the meantime ? My server is more or less a headless server, should I move the library to the 'client', do the changes and move back to the server? Or should I simply do the changes on the client without auto-sync and sync manually in the end ?  I will give both a try...

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2018, 02:28:02 am »

The MC Team reads these posts so they will now be aware of it.  For now, can you Remote into your server to select the item(s) to process?
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2018, 02:49:07 am »

Yes, this I can do. I will try it out.

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2018, 05:51:16 am »

Tried it out by selecting the file on the server but then the client does not allow me to to 'send to' with the message 'no file selected'.
! So this does not work (either).

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2018, 07:13:17 am »

Hopefully relevant .. my server is also headless, plus I don’t run MC on it. I have a client device running Media Server, generally. But I was also told that I can make library changes from any client as long as it was the first MC client to access onto my stored library.
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2018, 08:06:19 am »

Hopefully relevant .. my server is also headless, plus I don’t run MC on it. I have a client device running Media Server, generally. But I was also told that I can make library changes from any client as long as it was the first MC client to access onto my stored library.
If your server isn't running MC, then you must be using a NAS and importing files to each client or something similar. 

If so, MC won't restrict you or protect you in that case.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2018, 10:32:00 am »

Hi Nathan,

I tried Data Fiddler for the first time today. My first test was to extract my entire Library. Next I selected 1 Blu-ray and ran the Export Selected Items. The resultant .mpl file looks correct but the .txt file does not.  Whaaat?

Cheers,
Gary

Updates:
I ran a couple of more tests:
  • I ran the Convert a MC MPL Playlist File against the single Blu-ray extract .mpl and the resulting .txt looks correct
  • I extracted some particles using the Export Selected... and the .mpl looks correct but the .txt did not. So I ran the Convert on the new .mpl and that .txt also doesn't look right.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2018, 02:01:19 pm »

@ Gary - I'll have a look (have to used Fiddler for ages).
@ dskrt - the only way I can think of is to select the item(s) in the server GUI but run Swag as a standalone from your PC.  The other way would be for me to add an option where you can enter the Key instead of Swag asking MC what is selected.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2018, 02:27:59 pm »

@Gary - could you test something for me please.  I looks like I'm not clearing all my vars between runs.  Try running a "fresh" instance of Swag for each export (eg just make sure Swag is not running, then run swag --> do a Export --> close swag).  Does the output now look correct?
JRiver CEO Elect

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2018, 03:59:23 pm »

@Gary - could you test something for me please.  I looks like I'm not clearing all my vars between runs.  Try running a "fresh" instance of Swag for each export (eg just make sure Swag is not running, then run swag --> do a Export --> close swag).  Does the output now look correct?

Happy to help. The output does look correct when I follow that procedure.  :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 04:49:43 pm »

Thanks - I'll fix it (was a bad boy re-using vars between actions and not cleaning the contents out) :)
JRiver CEO Elect

dskrt

• Recent member
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2018, 07:14:20 am »

OK, selecting the entry on the server and running Swag as a standalone on the client works, particles are created correctly in the server library! A little bit tedious but working....

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2018, 02:14:11 pm »

OK, selecting the entry on the server and running Swag as a standalone on the client works, particles are created correctly in the server library! A little bit tedious but working....

Yeah it would be.  I tried to find a call (either MCWS or MCC) that would select an item in the GUI on a remote machine but came up empty handed. 

If the bug does not get fixed the other ways I could do it in Swag would be:
1) Manually enter the ID of the object you want, or (more complicated)
2) Allow for the registration of 2 MC instance (a client and a server).  You would interact with Swag using the client but it would send the commands to the server.   I wonder if there is a way of knowing via MCWS if it is a Client or not.
JRiver CEO Elect

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2018, 08:07:35 am »

Hi Nathan,

Could you check the attached Data Fiddler exported chapters files. The albums are over an hour in length and I think the last Playback Ranges are incorrect. The Chapterfy backup files are correct.

Cheers,
Gary

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:36 am »

Yeah it would be.  I tried to find a call (either MCWS or MCC) that would select an item in the GUI on a remote machine but came up empty handed. 
MCC_SELECT_FILES sounds like it might do the job (if it weren't internal use only)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2018, 06:21:52 pm »

@GaryWW - I'll have a look on the weekend
@Mattkhan - I'd tried  that call... but it does not highlight the item.  Anyway these are just workarounds.
JRiver CEO Elect

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:38 am »

Re. Data Fiddler chapter export.

The Playback Ranges for the last chapter of every album are incorrect to one degree or another. It isn't just for albums over an hour in length. It appears to be a rounding/truncation issue.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2018, 08:18:49 pm »

@GaryWW - Good find, but looks like it is an excel thing being "helpful" if cells contain certain characters....eg,
- In MC : Last track Playback Range is in the form of "hh:mm:ss.xxx-" (note: the trailing "-" which means play from this point to the end)
- In the Fiddler Export it is correct in both the MPLS and TXT file
- When you just open the TXT file in Excel, it gets changed by Excel to the truncated form as Excel is processing the cells.

From what I've googled, Excel will default import the file using a "General" data format.  As we want nothing to be changed by Excel we want to use "Text" as the data format.  To do this, open the file using the Wizard, select all the Col (Select Col 1, scroll to the end and Shift Click the last Col) then change the format to "Text" (see pic).

See if that now works for you (if it does, or you find another way of doing the same) let me know and I'll update the notes.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up