INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi on mSD Card -- Available Now  (Read 126097 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IdPi on mSD Card -- Available Now
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2017, 08:48:20 am »

How to Order
Please send a message to sales at jriver and indicate your Paypal address.  We'll send you a Paypal invoice.  When you pay it, we will ship the micro SD card within two days.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2017, 08:42:34 am »

How I can order?
Please send an email to sales at jriver.

RobertNewPi

• Recent member
three instances of MC running on the Pi at the same time?
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2017, 04:09:28 am »

How would I have managed to get three instances of MC running on the Pi at the same time?
Pi is running headless with JRemote as a controller and generally doing fine. Had an issue yesterday afternoon when, having been playing fine, JRemote couldn't get the next album to play/connect. Tried the wake button and also closed and re-started JRiver. Then noticed that both red and green LED were on solid on the Pi and also couldn't connect with Panel.
A couple of minutes later the green went off and was able to connect with Panel and JRemote was back to working fine.
A bit later I wanted to check something with VNC and there was a window on the Pi screen saying something along the lines of 'database in read-only mode changes will be lost when closed, OK'd that and there was then another the same OK'd that. Then saw there were three lots of MC22 along the bottom, so opened and closed all of those then waited for MC22 to re-start itself - which it did and worked fine.
As far as I know I can't deliberately start MC on the Pi - it's automatic, so how did I open it twice more in addition to the automatic one?

bob

• Administrator
Re: three instances of MC running on the Pi at the same time?
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:15 am »

How would I have managed to get three instances of MC running on the Pi at the same time?
Pi is running headless with JRemote as a controller and generally doing fine. Had an issue yesterday afternoon when, having been playing fine, JRemote couldn't get the next album to play/connect. Tried the wake button and also closed and re-started JRiver. Then noticed that both red and green LED were on solid on the Pi and also couldn't connect with Panel.
A couple of minutes later the green went off and was able to connect with Panel and JRemote was back to working fine.
A bit later I wanted to check something with VNC and there was a window on the Pi screen saying something along the lines of 'database in read-only mode changes will be lost when closed, OK'd that and there was then another the same OK'd that. Then saw there were three lots of MC22 along the bottom, so opened and closed all of those then waited for MC22 to re-start itself - which it did and worked fine.
As far as I know I can't deliberately start MC on the Pi - it's automatic, so how did I open it twice more in addition to the automatic one?
It shouldn't be able to do that if you are using our IdPi firmware. There is a check script that looks to see if mediacenter22 is running and restarts if it isn't but obviously yours was running. Will look into trying to make it fail like that here.

RobertNewPi

• Recent member
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2017, 12:25:39 pm »

Thanks Bob, IdPi card is exactly as it arrived last week. In terms of set-up, I have created a new library as I wanted to try a different external drive which is the one I had been using with a PC install of MC22.
The new library is located at /home/media/Samsung1 (which is a different path to the default Main library path) and was also created as a clone of the Main library so that I could keep it's settings. I then ran auto import to get the files into the new library. I had also created another library on the external drive purely as I was trying out which way was best. I later deleted this library from the MC window but I see there is still a MC database file on the external drive. Could these extra libraries be confusing things?
I am currently playing from the new, cloned library (the one at media/Samsung1), JRemote connected fine and it is playing fine.

szczemirek

• Recent member
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2017, 03:06:43 pm »

"Paypal -- You can order by contacting sales at jriver d o t c o m.  If you tell us your Paypal address, we will send you a Paypal invoice for your approval.  When you pay the invoice, we will ship the device"
I sent email day ago and still no answer. Anyway it's so difficult find contact for spend money for your product. You should made this much easier.  I'm not too daft but this difficult way for me. Where exactly emails to the sealers on jriver DOTCOM are? Why you covered that? Why I can't do that by one click?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2017, 05:47:32 pm »

"Paypal -- You can order by contacting sales at jriver d o t c o m.  If you tell us your Paypal address, we will send you a Paypal invoice for your approval.  When you pay the invoice, we will ship the device"
I sent email day ago and still no answer. Anyway it's so difficult find contact for spend money for your product. You should made this much easier.  I'm not too daft but this difficult way for me. Where exactly emails to the sealers on jriver DOTCOM are? Why you covered that? Why I can't do that by one click?
Sorry for the delay.  I saw your mail yesterday and normally it would have been invoiced today.  We'll check tomorrow.

szczemirek

• Recent member
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2017, 11:57:00 pm »

"Sorry for the delay.  I saw your mail yesterday and normally it would have been invoiced today.  We'll check tomorrow."
Thank you Jim. This is all what I want to know. But please, change your sale marketing. Find sellers email on jriver D O T C O M (why this camouflage?) is really not easy.
You made fabulous program. I tried and have licence for: ROON, Audirvana, Moode but JRiver is the best for me. And becouse of that I'm really dissapointed in situation like. Other minus is cooperation with QNAP. I have QNAP TS 453A and JRiver don't want working on. After few second from start program crashed.
Cheers

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2017, 08:05:49 am »

I thought I had taken care of this, but find I did not.  This will be done today.

szczemirek

• Recent member
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:54 am »

Thanx Deanna ;) Everything sorted. I inform that in my particularly example MC 21 working perfectly on QNAP T453A.
I'm happy with that. Thank you for great program.

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #210 on: September 04, 2017, 12:57:24 pm »

Is there any chance of buying an downloadable image instead of ordering an mSD Card? Living outside the U.S. the mSD Card would be quite expensive.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: September 04, 2017, 02:20:05 pm »

No.  Sorry.

szczemirek

• Recent member
« Reply #212 on: September 04, 2017, 06:02:10 pm »

Is anybody could help me with audio configuration through I2S? Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: September 04, 2017, 06:29:04 pm »

As far as I know, there is no support for the I2S interface.

szczemirek

• Recent member
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2017, 03:24:39 am »

Unfortunately, you are right. Sad... :'(

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #215 on: September 17, 2017, 02:51:29 am »

Just a reply from a pleased customer. Received the SD Card very quick!
Setup was easy and everything so far is working. Also quick response to questions. Keep up the good work. Thank you!

Grundgütigster

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Id Pi on mSD Card -- Available Now
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2017, 01:53:56 am »

Now that the IdPi has launched I'm wondering how the power down process works on it. Can I just cut Id Pi power and it will not corrupt the SD card and work normally on next start up?

This has nothing to do with the JRiver Id, but, as others already wrote with the Raspberry Pi itself, as it doesn't have a battery, managing the power cut. However, there are some ideas around where you add a battery and some software to do exactly what you are asking for. I'm a bit off Raspberries at the moment, but doing some internet researches, you should be able to find at least some solutions that should help you to set up a carPi.

CJBadge

« Reply #217 on: September 26, 2017, 02:45:49 pm »

Does the IdPi on mSD support the 7" Pi Touch Screen? I've searched the forums, but could not find any information on this.

Thanks,

CB

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: September 26, 2017, 03:22:56 pm »

The screen would probably work.  Using MC with the touchscreen would work with Theater View. But Panel on a phone or tablet might be better.

CJBadge

« Reply #219 on: September 26, 2017, 03:36:52 pm »

Cool. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

CB

• Recent member
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2017, 01:00:12 pm »

I built a kit from HiFiBerry with their DAC+ Pro, added the IdPi mSD card and 2 high capacity USB flash drives, and it's a truly awesome thing to behold (and listen to). It's connected to a Niles Audio SI-250 power amp which has "Music Sense" and level control, so it turns itself on and off, and I adjusted the levels to calibrate it to the JRiver volume control. The amp powers B&W CM-9 speakers.

It's pretty incredible. Very low power draw when not being used, and I can play anything, anytime using Panel on my Mac.

Thanks JRiver!
Was  Fanless PC :: PS Audio NWD :: Emotiva XPA-1L Monoblocks :: B&W CM9
Now  HiFiBerry / DAC+ Pro with IdPi  ::  Niles Audio SI-250 :: B&W CM9
No difference as far as I can tell.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2017, 02:09:38 pm »

I intend to do the same thing but with a hifiberry digi + Pro. I have all the gear just need a bit of time.
@0101100: shall I understand that the RPI is acting as the music server? Any issues with upsampling? Or sending music to several zones?

lordu

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2018, 03:22:59 am »

It would be VERY VERY interesting to have an "Id" version of the software for PC.
A headless, linux based instalation of MC available for PC, to be more precise ......

Any comments / opinions ?

MikeyFresh

• World Citizen
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2018, 09:23:24 am »

Has there been (or will there be) testing to confirm compatibility between the IdPi software and the new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ board? Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2018, 09:33:19 am »

I looked for one yesterday and couldn't find any in stock.  I'm sure it will work.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2018, 10:16:59 am »

I'm not 100% sure, I read somewhere that it requires Stretch. Will need to get one to test...

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2018, 09:23:43 am »

Will this work on a Raspberry Pi 1 (first version of Pi)?  I would mostly want it for Engen and maybe music but no video.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2018, 09:24:59 am »

Probably not.

rec head

« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2018, 08:54:33 am »

What about running it on the RPi Zero. I have one just sitting here...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2018, 09:03:18 am »

The Zero and the original Pi (1) are too low powered. The 2 might work, a 3 is recommended.
If the new 3 B+ does not work yet (waiting on testing), I'm sure Bob will be interested in making that work in an update.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2018, 02:26:35 pm »

The Zero and the original Pi (1) are too low powered. The 2 might work, a 3 is recommended.
If the new 3 B+ does not work yet (waiting on testing), I'm sure Bob will be interested in making that work in an update.
The 2 works fine.
I'd like to get one of the 3+ to play with!

rec head

« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »

The Zero and the original Pi (1) are too low powered.

Yeah, and too low powered for what I bought it for. My fault for not doing more research. I've looked at making a DLNA renderer but it looks like a pain.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2018, 02:06:43 pm »

The Zero and the original Pi (1) are too low powered.

In what way?  I am able to run LibreElec on it and even watch HD video so it seems like it should be powerful enough for music and Engen.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

alzy

« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2018, 08:03:20 am »

Is msd card corruption on power failure still a possibility? If so what is the user's recourse if a card gets corrupted? Buy a new one? Get a free replacement?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2018, 08:36:25 am »

Is msd card corruption on power failure still a possibility? If so what is the user's recourse if a card gets corrupted? Buy a new one? Get a free replacement?
Something in between.  It's not been a problem yet.

We've sold upgrades at 50%.

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2018, 07:32:34 pm »

I am using the msD card with a v3b pi. It works fine, but stops booting near the end and I have to do a cntrl-d on key board.  To get it to finish booting. I have a usb transmitter for mouse and keyboard, usb cable to DAC, wireless turned on. HDMI to monitor. USB to hard drive.

Anyway can’t really understand what the console is saying is wrong.

Also, by default, where is the library stored? On card or on library? Any reason I can have library on hard drive and use with different MCs, like on my Mac. Using IDpi  at office

Thanks
Andy

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2018, 09:45:39 pm »

If you can get it to boot, do a check for updates from the Id text menu.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: April 15, 2018, 03:05:01 pm »

I am using the msD card with a v3b pi. It works fine, but stops booting near the end and I have to do a cntrl-d on key board.  To get it to finish booting. I have a usb transmitter for mouse and keyboard, usb cable to DAC, wireless turned on. HDMI to monitor. USB to hard drive.

Anyway can’t really understand what the console is saying is wrong.

Also, by default, where is the library stored? On card or on library? Any reason I can have library on hard drive and use with different MCs, like on my Mac. Using IDpi  at office

Thanks
Andy
Try updating first as Jim said if you can get to the main menu.

If that doesn't help, snap a picture where the boot stops and send it to bob (at) jriver (dot) com I can take a look.

The library is on the card.
It might be possible to use a library with a Mac MC and Pi using a HD.
You'd probably need the same mount path for the drive under both OS.
Definitely not possible using a PC and IdPi.
Since it's not the intended use of the IdPi you'd be on your own to some extent.

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:54 am »

Yes, I've been regularly doing the update from the menu.

I'm attaching an image.

After doing a Cntrl-D - Boot occurs normally, so its not a killer, but it would be nice if it completed.

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2018, 10:12:53 am »

Yes, I've been regularly doing the update from the menu.

I'm attaching an image.

After doing a Cntrl-D - Boot occurs normally, so its not a killer, but it would be nice if it completed.

Thanks!
It looks like there is an issue with the /export filesystem
From that root prompt, before doing the ctrl-d, do:
Code: [Select]
e2fsck -y -b 8193 /dev/mmcblk0p3and if that doesn't complete successfuly
e2fsck -y -b 32768 /dev/mmcblk0p3If still no luck, recreate the /export filesystem
mkfs -t ext4 /dev/mmcblk0p3
mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 /export
mkdir /export/media
chmod 777 /export/media
Then you can ctrl-d.
Next boot everything should go ok.

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2018, 04:27:43 pm »

okay great, thanks, I will try this weekend when I am back.
Not sure what went wrong, but not a linux guy either.

Andy

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2018, 05:37:47 pm »

The laser worked. Recreating /export
Thanks!

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #242 on: April 24, 2018, 10:31:34 am »

Using Id - Can I use Gizmo to "Play Here" something different than what is playing on the main Mediacenter Zone? I hope that was clear. I want to play different playlists on the Id/Gizmo than the main MC device.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2018, 10:49:02 am »

Yes.  It works just like MC.  You could play different audio in multiple locations.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2018, 10:48:17 am »

Do you attach the Id to the library on the main version of MC as a remote library or does the Id need to have it's own library?

Thanks! Anxious for my card to get here.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2018, 10:55:00 am »

The Id can play audio from another computer, using MC and the music on that computer.  Use one of the remotes MC supports, connect first to the server, then play to the Id.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2018, 11:42:23 am »

Perfect! Does it have to be done that way? I'm trying to wrap my head around how I'm going to set it up for my wife. It's got to pass the WAT!

ray77

• Recent member
« Reply #247 on: May 03, 2018, 07:53:29 pm »

Function 80 from main menu did not work ("Failed to insert model snd_usb_mytek"). Waited 6 months for Mytek to offer up an Audio USB 2.0 Linux OS driver but to no avail. Their new DACs (e.g. Brooklyn) claim to support Linux OS in their advertising. Mytek Stereo 192 DSD DAC does have a USB 1.1 interface (no driver required, max 24/96). My IdPi MC22 on RPi3b recognizes this as an ALSA DAC and plays music files from my USB stick (in native speed) and from DLNA server on my Windows 10 laptop running MC23 (320 kbps).
Questions: 1) any other suggestions or should I change to a DAC that supports USB 2.0 on Linux OS and if so is there a list of compatible DACs for the Raspberry ID Pi?
2) ID Pi sees my USB stick (main menu 10) and I can manually import audio files into the Main Library but isn't MC supposed to auto-import? Did I miss an option setting somewhere?
3) Wi-fi streaming from DLNA server via ID Pi, Gizmo on tablet/smartphone or smart TV all stream at 320 kbps. Is this the max rate allowed by DLNA or a limitation of my wi-fi network? Is there no way to stream higher rates (e.g. 16/44)?
4) I tried using Panel on android phone (website/Access code/Connect) so I could turn off ID Pi in headless mode but wound up with a version of Gizmo instead. Does ID Pi MC22 support Panel?
IMO the ID Pi RPi3 has a steep learning curve compared to Windows MC. Good for casual listening but without USB 2.0, is not an audiophile-grade component.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: May 03, 2018, 08:07:50 pm »

Just to address some of your questions.

There is no list of DAC's.

The Id doesn't import anything unless you set up auto import.

DLNA Server settings can stream the original format if that's what you select.

Panel isn't supported in MC22.  Gizmo would work.  The wiki has a topic on Remotes.

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2018, 10:28:27 am »

I'm having an issue, in idpi mc24.
When I go into adjust the equalizer and close the window, MC shuts down and restarts.
Thanks, Andy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up