INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DirectX plug-in (NOT A FEATURE REQUEST)  (Read 941 times)

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
DirectX plug-in (NOT A FEATURE REQUEST)
« on: July 31, 2003, 08:33:54 am »

This isn't a feature request, and I'm not bugging the developers any more about DirectX Host in 9.1. Either it'll make it or it won't, and c'est la vie...

That being said: I know there's at least one person out there who has it working currently. In fact, reportedly, it continued working even after backing down from 9.1 to 9.0. That suggests that if I installed the right DLLs, etc... it could work for me even if it's not officially included in 9.1. Request #1: Could anybody who's got DirectX Host working contact me and try to get me the appropriate DLLs so I can try to get it working?

And then, Request #2: Does anybody know of a generic app or utility that would apply a directx plug-in to Windows' Wave Out or DirectPlay ports? That way it wouldn't matter whether a specific app supported DirectX Hosting. That would be really cool.

Thanks!

mdlmn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: DirectX plug-in (NOT A FEATURE REQUEST)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 01:18:21 pm »

I've got it working right now on 9.0! Go MC!

As far as I understood it its optional because some people have had problems on their systems with it.

I expect to be able to add it once 9.1 is complete. I've got a 20 band graphic eq going through the direct x host right now. Thats a nice feature for those who want it and I do not know any media players that offer that type of expansion or customization. If I cant get that to work on 9.1 I just lost my whole eq set-up and I would not be happy with that!

I think we both agree. If there is an generic app (I dont know one) for the sound output that worked as good I guess I would be satisfied. Please post in the future on this. I WANT DIRECT X AS AN OPTION TO CONTINUE! Let me know if you can make it work. I have not tried on 9.1 beta. I just assumed it would be a optional feature and that JRiver would not downgrade the product by removing this ability for us audiophiles.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 02:54:01 pm »

I had it running but I kept posting bugs about MCs slow startup time on my PC.  Turned out it was the DX Host that was causing it.  I had to remove my 20 Bnd Parametric EQ...  Never mind!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 07:01:02 pm »

I have had it running with no problem since the first it was included.  I have been using it with a parametric EQ, an occaisionally a compressor, and rgcAudio's High Freq Stimulator which is awesome for giving the life back to mp3's and mp3 streams.

If anyone comes across the software you mention, please post it as i would be interested too.

NoCodeUK, have you tried turning on only AFTER you start MC to avoid that start-up lag? I know it is a bit inconvenient, but at least you get the benefit and with the DSP button right there on the MC interface it is not all that bad. . . .  for now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up