INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor Quality Free-To-Air (Digital) TV - Help Required  (Read 2459 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Poor Quality Free-To-Air (Digital) TV - Help Required
« on: September 09, 2016, 06:16:25 pm »

I’m after some assistance to resolve (relatively) poor quality video on digital TV. My set-up is JRiver V21 / 22 running on Windows 10 HTPC with Hauppauge 2215 digital TV card and output via MOBO HDMI. The set-up is based in Australia so the TV card is connected direct to antenna and I’ve never had a signal strength issues given a metro location. TV is a Panasonic ST60 plasma and, with the HTPC being i7-4790T, the video is set to Red October (High). The quality of video is good when based on playback of DVD and/or Blu-Ray media whether this be via the optical drive, local h/d or streamed from NAS. Sole issue is related to the playback of free-t-air TV where the video isn’t quite as smooth / a little blurred – it’s kind of like when streaming video is reduced in quality for lower bandwidth. If I watch “normal TV” (i.e., TV connected to antenna), then the video looks fine. Any suggestions to diagnose or common fixes to try?  I’m assuming that it wouldn’t but is there a chance that a video card would help? Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Poor Quality Free-To-Air (Digital) TV - Help Required
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 06:35:29 pm »

Did you try setting video to Red October Standard?  What happens?

Are you recording the right channel?

What do you see if you watch live?

Castius

• Citizen of the Universe
Pages: [1]   Go Up